The Akron Zips (21-7, 11-4 MAC) will be at Alumni Arena to take on the Buffalo Bulls (18-10, 9-6 MAC) in a MAC matchup. The game is scheduled to start at 2 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 29, 2020.
Akron Zips at Buffalo Bulls ATS Odds
Both teams lost in their last contest. The Bulls lost to the Ohio Bobcats, 80-69, while the Zips got blown out by the Bowling Green Falcons, 78-60.
Akron had a turnover percentage of 10.2 (better than their season average of 16.5) while Buffalo held Ohio to an offensive rebounding percentage of 21.9 (below their season average of 27.5). Buffalo rallied around Jayvon Graves, who recorded 16 points and seven rebounds. Meanwhile, Loren Cristian Jackson had a good outing for Akron, contributing 35 points.
In their first matchup this season, Josh Mballa led the Bulls to a 77-74 victory. He recorded a double-double with 13 points and 17 rebounds. Buffalo’s rebounding was their largest advantage. The Bulls had 17 offensive rebounds and 52 total rebounds, while the Zips had eight and 31, respectively.
The offensive glass should be a huge edge for Buffalo in this matchup. The Bulls rank 12th in offensive rebounding percentage (35.8 percent), while Akron ranks 253rd in defensive rebounding percentage (70.7 percent).
Akron Zips vs. Buffalo Bulls Betting Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Buffalo, ATS Winner – Akron, O/U – Over
- Buffalo ranks first in rebounds per game (42.5) while Akron ranks 212th in rebounds allowed per game (36.6).
- The Zips rank 45th in blocks allowed per game (2.7) while the Bulls rank 164th (4.0).
- Akron averages 25.6 three pointers per game, which ranks 44th in the country. Buffalo ranks 133rd in three pointers allowed per game (21.3).
- The Bulls rank 33rd in steals per game (8.0) while the Zips rank 220th (5.0).
- Akron ranks 15th in assists allowed per game (10.0) while Buffalo ranks 167th (13.0).
- During their last five games, the Bulls have scored an average of 78.6 points per game (0.0 below their season average) and allowed an average of 72.8 points per game (2.2 below their season average).
- The Zips’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 4.8, down from 9.4 for the season.