The Akron Zips (21-6, 11-3 MAC) and the Bowling Green Falcons (20-7, 11-3 MAC) face off at Stroh Center. The Zips will try to prolong their five-game winning streak. Action gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, February 25, 2020.
Akron Zips vs. Bowling Green Falcons Betting Odds
Both teams were victorious in their last game. The Falcons won a close one over the Ohio Bobcats 62-61, while the Zips defeated the Miami (OH) RedHawks 75-65.
The Zips made 20 of their 28 free throws (71.4 percent) and held the RedHawks to an effective field goal percentage of 0.413 (below their season average of 0.494). Bowling Green, meanwhile, played a nearly perfect game. They had a free throw rate of 0.164 (below their season average of 0.207) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 25.7 (below their season average of 28.4). Ohio put up marks of 0.016 and 17.5, respectively, for those same stats. Bowling Green received a boost from Trey Diggs, who finished with 22 points. Meanwhile, Xeyrius Williams played a key role for Akron with 17 points and 10 rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Loren Cristian Jackson led the Zips to a 74-59 win. He was the game’s leading scorer with 28 points. Akron did an excellent job of getting to and converting from the charity stripe (21-27; 77.8 percent). Bowling Green, on the other hand, had a better offensive rebounding percentage (24.4 vs. 20.0).
Points at the line might be hard to find for Bowling Green in this contest. The Falcons rank 261st in the NCAA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.206, while Akron ranks 54th in FTA rate allowed (0.187). Additionally, the Zips’ 23rd-ranked defense (opponents’ effective field goal percentage of 0.449) will square off against the Falcons’ 259th-ranked offense (effective field goal percentage of 0.484).
Akron Zips at Bowling Green Falcons Betting Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Akron, ATS Winner – Akron, O/U – Under
- Akron ranks 50th in three pointers attempted per game (25.3) while Bowling Green ranks 227th in three pointers allowed per game (23.4).
- The Zips rank 46th in blocks allowed per game (2.7) while the Falcons rank 79th (3.0).
- Akron is 11th in the country with 9.9 assists allowed per game while Bowling Green is 27th with 10.4 assists allowed per game.
- The Falcons rank 20th in rebounds per game (39.9) while the Zips rank 195th in rebounds allowed per game (36.1).
- Bowling Green ranks 36th in steals allowed per game (5.4) while Akron ranks 102nd (6.2).
- During their last five games, the Falcons have scored an average of 73.0 points per game (2.0 below their season average) and allowed an average of 76.2 points per game (3.8 above their season average).
- The Zips’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 8.6, down from 10.4 for the season.