The Akron Zips (11-15, 4-10 MAC) look to snap an 11-game road losing streak when they go head-to-head with the Bowling Green Falcons (16-11, 7-7 MAC) at Stroh Center. Bowling Green opened as a 7-point favorite, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 149.5 points. Action gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, February 20, 2018.
Akron Zips at Bowling Green Falcons Odds Preview
The last time the Zips played, they were beaten by the Kent State Golden Flashes, 78-68. Malcolm Duvivier had a solid performance for Akron, leading the team in scoring with 27 points on 8-for-16 shooting. Converting at the free throw line was one of Kent State’s largest strengths. They were 22-24 (91.7 percent), while the Zips were 17-24 (70.8 percent).
The Falcons are hoping for a better outcome after their 95-82 loss to the Buffalo Bulls in their last contest. With 13 points and 15 rebounds, Bowling Green’s Demajeo Wiggins had a solid outing. Buffalo had an effective field goal percentage of 0.609 (above their season average of 0.540). Bowling Green, meanwhile, did a great job of getting to and converting from the charity stripe (25-29; 86.2 percent).
The aggressive Bowling Green offense could be getting to the foul line a lot in this contest. The Falcons currently rank 51st in the nation with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.282, while Akron ranks 281st in FTA rate allowed (0.269). ,
Of Akron’s 24 games with betting action, 13 have finished under the projected point total, while 10 of Bowling Green’s 20 games have finished over the O/U total. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Falcons have a clear advantage. They are 16-11 SU and 12-8 ATS, while the Zips are 11-15 SU and 10-14 ATS.
These teams have already met once this season. The two teams combined for 158 points in that game, which was just over the projected point total of 153. The Zips won 80-78, but were unable to cover as 4-point favorites. Akron had a better effective field goal percentage (0.533 vs. 0.471). Bowling Green, on the other hand, had a much better free throw rate (0.558 vs. 0.267). Justin Turner was the games top overall scorer with 30 points.
Akron Zips at Bowling Green Falcons Betting Prediction
Prediction: SU Winner – Bowling Green, ATS Winner – Bowling Green, O/U – Under
- Bowling Green is 5-5 ATS at home, while Akron is 3-9 ATS on the road.
- The Zips have 7 unders and 5 overs in 12 road games.
- The Falcons have 5 overs, 4 unders and 1 push in 10 home games.
- Akron ranks 26th in three pointers attempted per game (26.8) while Bowling Green ranks 169th (21.4).
- The Falcons average 38.1 rebounds per game, which ranks 56th in the NCAA. The Zips rank 160th in rebounds allowed per game (35.0).
- Akron ranks 180th in assists per game (13.0) while Bowling Green ranks 182nd in assists allowed per game (14.3).
- Bowling Green is 5-0 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Akron is 1-4 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Falcons have outscored opponents by an average of 0.2 points in their last five games. On the season, Bowling Green has lost by an average of 0.3 points.
- During their last five games, the Zips have scored an average of 69.0 points per game (3.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 81.4 points per game (5.3 above their season average).