The Akron Zips (5-2) will travel to the Henderson Center to challenge the Marshall Thundering Herd (2-4). The game starts at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, December 4, 2019.
Akron Zips at Marshall Thundering Herd Betting Odds
In their last matchup, the Thundering Herd lost to the 24th-ranked Florida Gators, 73-67, while the Zips beat the Merrimack Warriors, 64-47.
Akron dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.180 (below their season average of 0.285) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.550 (above their season average of 0.476). For those same stats, Merrimack recorded marks of 0.088 and 0.368, respectively. Marshall, on the other hand, had a turnover percentage of 13.7 (better than their season average of 19.4). Jannson Williams had a solid performance for Marshall, finishing with 17 points and six rebounds. Meanwhile, Akron received a boost from Xeyrius Williams, who recorded 14 points and 12 rebounds.
The Thundering Herd won the only game between these two teams last season, 75-74. Marshall won the rebounding battle. The Thundering Herd had more offensive rebounds (14 vs. seven), defensive rebounds (24 vs. 22) and total rebounds (38 vs. 29).
Marshall might struggle to find the bottom of the net as they square off against one of the nation’s best defenses. Akron ranks 14th in defensive efficiency, while the Thundering Herd rank 167th in offensive efficiency since last season.
Akron at Marshall Free Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Marshall, ATS Winner – Marshall, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- Akron ranks 93rd in rebounds per game (37.0) while Marshall ranks 328th in rebounds allowed per game (41.8).
- The Thundering Herd rank 113th in assists per game (14.0) while the Zips rank 247th (12.3).
- Marshall ranks 13th in blocks per game (5.0) while Akron ranks 137th (3.4).
- The Thundering Herd rank ninth in steals per game (9.0) while the Zips rank 243rd (5.5).
- Akron ranks 15th in three pointers attempted per game (27.8) while Marshall ranks 164th in three pointers allowed per game (22.2).