The Air Force Falcons (11-17, 5-11 MWC) will travel to Arena-Auditorium to square off against the Wyoming Cowboys (18-11, 9-7 MWC) in their home finale. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 147 points with Wyoming set as an 11.5-point favorite. Tip-off is scheduled for 9 p.m. ET on Wednesday, February 28, 2018./p>
Air Force Falcons at Wyoming Cowboys ATS Preview
The Falcons fell to the Fresno State Bulldogs in their last game, 54-48. Air Force’s Trevor Lyons contributed 11 points and 10 rebounds in the contest. Fresno State forced the Falcons into a turnover percentage of 23.5 (above their season average of 16.2). Air Force, on the other hand, did a fantastic job of making free throws (16-22; 72.7 percent)./p>
In the Cowboys’ last matchup, they topped the Fresno State Bulldogs, 78-68. With 26 points on 9-for-14 shooting, Justin James was the game’s high scorer. Wyoming played a nearly perfect game. They had a ridiculous free throw rate of 0.358 (above their season average of 0.314) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.557 (above their season average of 0.514). For those same stats, Fresno State had marks of 0.138 and 0.517, respectively.
This contest should be a battle of conflicting styles. Wyoming prefers a fast-paced style of play (fourth in possessions per game), while Air Force is slower-paced (302nd in possessions per game). /p>
In terms of the O/U total, these teams are complete opposites. Games featuring Air Force have gone under 56.5 percent of the time, while Wyoming games have finished over 59.3 percent of the time. The Cowboys hold the significant advantage straight up (SU) (18-11 vs. 11-17), but the Falcons have the superior against the spread (ATS) record (14-8-1 vs. 11-15-1)./p>
This is the first time these teams will battle this year. The Cowboys won two out of three contests played against each other last season. In the most recent matchup, Air Force won 83-68. The Falcons played a nearly flawless game. They had a fantastic free throw rate of 0.518 and a turnover percentage of 14.5. The Cowboys put up marks of 0.259 and 24.2, respectively, for those same stats./p>
Air Force Falcons vs. Wyoming Cowboys Free Prediction
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Wyoming, ATS Winner – Air Force, O/U – Under
- The Cowboys rank 25th in blocks allowed per game (2.5) while the Falcons rank 102nd (3.3).
- Air Force ranks 107th in steals per game (6.5) while Wyoming ranks 136th in steals allowed per game (6.3).
- On the road, Air Force is 6-6 ATS with 8 unders and 4 overs.
- Wyoming is 5-8 ATS at home with 10 overs and 3 unders.
- Wyoming averages 26.7 three pointers per game, which ranks 25th in the nation. Air Force ranks 216th in three pointers allowed per game (23.6).
- The Falcons rank 129th in rebounds allowed per game (34.3) while the Cowboys rank 288th (39.3).
- Wyoming averages 15.3 assists per game, which ranks 65th in the nation. Air Force ranks 183rd in assists allowed per game (14.1).
- Wyoming is 1-4 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Air Force is 2-2-1 ATS with 5 unders.
- The Cowboys have been outscored by an average of 1.2 points in their last five games. For the season, Wyoming has defeated opponents by an average of 1.0 point.
- During their last five games, the Falcons have scored an average of 60.8 points per game (7.0 below their season average) and allowed an average of 68.6 points per game (3.5 below their season average).