The UNLV Runnin’ Rebels (19-12, 8-10 MWC) and Air Force Falcons (12-18, 6-12 MWC) will clash at Thomas & Mack Center to close out the regular season. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 150 points with UNLV set as a 10.5-point favorite. Action gets underway at 2 p.m. ET on Wednesday, March 7, 2018.
Air Force Falcons vs. UNLV Runnin’ Rebels Odds Preview
The Falcons had no trouble getting past the San Jose State Spartans in their last outing, 83-61. Jacob Van was the game’s leading scorer with 23 points on 7-for-12 shooting. Air Force dominated every stat category in the game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 25.0 (below their season average of 27.7) and a turnover percentage of 8.9 (better than their season average of 16.7). San Jose State was 15.0 and 14.4, respectively, for those same stats.
In the Runnin’ Rebels’ last game, they were thoroughly outplayed by the Utah State Aggies, 79-67. Brandon McCoy was UNLV’s high scorer with 18 points on 6-for-11 shooting. Utah State forced the Runnin’ Rebels into a turnover percentage of 20.9 (above their season average of 16.6). UNLV, on the other hand, had a better free throw rate (0.245 vs. 0.172).
It will be a matchup of opposite paces as the fast-breaking Runnin’ Rebels will look to push the slower-paced Falcons. The Runnin’ Rebels currently rank 17th in possessions per game while the Falcons are 299th.
In terms of the O/U total, these teams are complete opposites. Air Force games have gone under 56.0 percent of the time, while 63.3 percent of games involving UNLV have finished over. The Runnin’ Rebels have the better straight up (SU) record (19-12 vs. 12-18), but the Falcons hold the significant advantage against the spread (ATS) (15-9-1 vs. 13-17-1).
These two teams have already met twice this season, with the Runnin’ Rebels winning both. Trevor Lyons recorded 19 points and eight rebounds in the most recent matchup, in which the Falcons lost 81-73 but covered as 13-point underdogs. The two teams combined to score 154 points, which was just 2.5 points below the projected point total of 156.5 points. The Runnin’ Rebels played a nearly perfect game. They had an extraordinary free throw rate of 0.393 and an extraordinary offensive rebounding percentage of 52.8. For those same stats, the Falcons were 0.125 and 19.5, respectively.
Air Force Falcons at UNLV Runnin’ Rebels ATS Prediction
Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – UNLV, ATS Winner – Air Force, O/U – Under
- The Runnin’ Rebels rank 41st in blocks per game (4.3) while the Falcons rank 199th (2.5).
- Air Force ranks 115th in steals per game (6.4) while UNLV ranks 170th in steals allowed per game (6.7).
- Air Force is 6-7 ATS on the road with 9 unders and 4 overs.
- At home, UNLV is 8-10 ATS with 13 overs and 4 unders.
- UNLV ranks 10th in rebounds per game (40.3) while Air Force ranks 249th (32.8).
- The Falcons rank 75th in three pointers attempted per game (24.3) while the Runnin’ Rebels rank 293rd (16.6).
- UNLV ranks 29th in assists per game (16.1) while Air Force ranks 194th in assists allowed per game (14.1).
- UNLV is 1-4 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Air Force is 2-2-1 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over.
- The Runnin’ Rebels have been outscored by an average of 18.0 points in their last five games. On the season, UNLV has defeated opponents by an average of 5.6 points.
- During their last five games, the Falcons have scored an average of 63.2 points per game (4.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 62.6 points per game (9.0 below their season average).