It will be a meeting between two great offenses when the New Mexico Lobos (14-3, 3-1 MWC) clash against the Air Force Falcons (8-8, 2-2 MWC) at Dreamstyle Arena. The game starts at 6 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 11, 2020.
Air Force Falcons at New Mexico Lobos Betting Odds
Both teams were triumphant in their last game. The Lobos were victorious over the Fresno State Bulldogs 78-64, while the Falcons dismantled the Utah State Aggies 79-60.
Air Force dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.213 (matching their season average) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 37.1 (above their season average of 21.4). Utah State put up marks of 0.063 and 15.9, respectively, for those same stats. New Mexico, on the other hand, dominated nearly every stat category in their game. They had a free throw rate of 0.259 (matching their season average) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.543 (below their season average of 0.547). For those same stats, Fresno State was 0.156 and 0.422, respectively. New Mexico was led by Vance Jackson, who contributed 29 points and 13 rebounds. Ryan Swan, meanwhile was a key piece for Air Force with 31 points and 11 rebounds.
The Lobos won the lone game between these two teams last season, 65-58. New Mexico had a better free throw rate (0.189 vs. 0.127). Air Force, meanwhile, had a much better turnover percentage (17.0 vs. 24.0). This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year.
New Mexico could dominate on the offensive side of the ball as their prolific offense faces off against one of the worst defenses in the NCAA. The Lobos rank 42nd in offensive efficiency, while Air Force ranks 316th in defensive efficiency. Also, the Falcons are among the country’s best at getting to the line, ranking fifth in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.320). The Lobos, however, rank 18th in opponents’ FTA rate (0.153).
Air Force Falcons vs. New Mexico Lobos ATS Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – New Mexico, ATS Winner – Air Force, O/U – Over
- New Mexico ranks 89th in rebounds per game (37.7) while Air Force ranks 253rd (31.9).
- The Falcons are 24th in the nation with 2.4 blocks allowed per game while the Lobos are 31st with 2.5 blocks allowed per game.
- The Lobos average 16.4 assists per game, which ranks 27th in the country. The Falcons rank 178th in assists allowed per game (14.1).
- Air Force ranks 129th in three pointers attempted per game (22.3) while New Mexico ranks 248th in three pointers allowed per game (26.8).
- The Falcons’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 21.6, up from 6.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Lobos have scored an average of 87.0 points per game (6.6 above their season average) and allowed an average of 76.0 points per game (4.0 above their season average).