The fourth-ranked Michigan Wolverines (11-0) try to stay unbeaten when they square off with the Air Force Falcons (4-6) at Crisler Center. The game is scheduled to start at 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 22, 2018.
Air Force Falcons vs. Michigan Wolverines ATS Odds
Both teams thoroughly outplayed their last opponent. The Wolverines defeated the Norfolk State Spartans 63-44, while the Falcons beat the Johnson & Wales (CO) Wildcats 90-65.
Air Force dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 43.3 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.648. For those same stats, Johnson & Wales (CO) was 17.9 and 0.466, respectively. The Wolverines, on the other hand, had a much better free throw rate (0.217 vs. 0.085) and had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (34.7 vs. 18.6). Jon Teske played well for Michigan, contributing 13 points and eight rebounds. Ryan Swan was a key piece for Air Force with 10 points and eight rebounds.
Half-court execution will be at a premium when a pair of the country’s slowest-paced teams go head-to-head. Michigan ranks 341st in possessions per game (64.8) and Air Force is 254th (68.8). Furthermore, the Falcons’ 268th-ranked offense (offensive efficiency of 100.8) will square off against the Wolverines’ fifth-ranked defense (defensive efficiency of 84.4).
Air Force at Michigan Pick
Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Michigan, ATS Winner – Michigan, O/U – Over
- Michigan ranks first in steals allowed per game (3.0) while Air Force ranks 165th (8.3).
- The Falcons rank 34th in rebounds allowed per game (31.6) while the Wolverines rank 54th (32.6).
- Air Force is 25th in the NCAA with 2.4 blocks allowed per game while Michigan is 42nd with 2.7 blocks allowed per game.
- The Wolverines rank seventh in three pointers allowed per game (17.2) while the Falcons rank 166th (23.6).
- Michigan ranks 20th in assists allowed per game (9.9) while Air Force ranks 104th (12.8).
- The Falcons have outscored opponents by an average of 1.2 points in their last five games. For the season, Air Force has been defeated by an average of 2.2 points.
- During their last five games, the Wolverines have scored an average of 68.4 points per game (4.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 47.0 points per game (8.8 below their season average).