The Abilene Christian Wildcats (14-10, 9-4 SthLnd) will be at the American Bank Center to clash with the Texas A&M-Corpus Christi Islanders (10-15, 6-8 SthLnd) in a SthLnd matchup. The game begins at 4:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 15, 2020.
Abilene Christian Wildcats at Texas A&M-Corpus Christi Islanders ATS Odds
In their last contest, the Islanders lost to the Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks, 75-67, while the Wildcats were victorious over the Houston Baptist Huskies, 81-67.
The Wildcats forced 24 turnovers and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.569 (above their season average of 0.500). Texas A&M-Corpus Christi, meanwhile, had a better effective field goal percentage (0.500 vs. 0.531). Texas A&M-Corpus Christi was lifted by Jordan Hairston, who had 17 points. Meanwhile, Clay Gayman led the way for Abilene Christian, contributing 19 points and five rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Kolton Kohl led the Wildcats to a 68-56 win. He put up 12 points and six rebounds. Abilene Christian had a much better turnover percentage (17.2 vs. 31.4). Texas A&M-Corpus Christi, on the other hand, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (35.5 vs. 26.8).
The inefficient offense of Texas A&M-Corpus Christi will battle against the stingy defense of Abilene Christian. The Islanders currently rank 316th in offensive efficiency, while the Wildcats are 10th in defensive efficiency. The Wildcats figure to have the advantage on that side of the ball. Moreover, the Wildcats, who rank 50th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.268), will square off against the Islanders, who rank 314th in opponents’ FTA rate (0.282).
Abilene Christian Wildcats vs. Texas A&M-Corpus Christi Islanders Betting Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Abilene Christian, ATS Winner – Texas A&M-Corpus Christi, O/U – Under
- Abilene Christian averages 9.3 steals per game, which ranks 10th in the NCAA. Texas A&M-Corpus Christi ranks 208th in steals allowed per game (8.3).
- The Islanders average 3.1 blocks per game, which ranks 120th in the NCAA. The Wildcats rank 138th in blocks allowed per game (3.7).
- The Wildcats rank 28th in assists per game (15.3) while the Islanders rank 201st (12.0).
- Abilene Christian ranks 11th in three pointers allowed per game (16.9) while Texas A&M-Corpus Christi ranks 80th (20.0).
- The Wildcats’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 9.8, down from 11.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Islanders have scored an average of 68.4 points per game (4.1 above their season average) and allowed an average of 69.2 points per game (2.0 above their season average).