The Lipscomb Bisons (7-4) will be at home in Allen Arena when they go head-to-head with the Abilene Christian Wildcats (7-3). Tip-off is set for 2 p.m. ET on Sunday, December 17, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
Abilene Christian Wildcats vs. Lipscomb Bisons ATS Preview
The last time the Wildcats played, they defeated the Texas State Bobcats, 72-68. Jalone Friday was the games leading scorer with 22 points on 9-for-16 shooting. The Wildcats had a turnover percentage of 12.1 (better than their season average of 16.1) and had a better effective field goal percentage (0.534 vs. 0.518).
The Bisons come in on a high note after blowing out the Florida College Falcons in their last matchup, 100-68. With 21 points on 9-for-18 shooting, Garrison Mathews was the top scorer from either team. Lipscomb dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a ridiculously low turnover percentage of 5.0 (better than their season average of 18.9) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 36.0 (above their season average of 26.9). For those same stats, Florida College was 28.6 and 25.6, respectively.
It will be a showdown of opposite paces as the up-tempo Bisons (ranked 16th in the nation in possessions per game) will look to push the more methodical Wildcats (133rd in possessions per game).
These teams have already met once this season. The Bisons won 75-67. The Bisons dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a solid free throw rate of 0.259 and a great effective field goal percentage of 0.565. For those same stats, the Wildcats recorded marks of 0.196 and 0.500, respectively. Tevin Foster scored a game-high 24 points.
Abilene Christian Wildcats at Lipscomb Bisons Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Abilene Christian, ATS Winner – Abilene Christian, O/U – Under
- The Wildcats rank 34th in assists per game (16.7) while the Bisons rank 110th in assists allowed per game (13.2).
- Lipscomb ranks 95th in rebounds per game (39.3) while Abilene Christian ranks 99th in rebounds allowed per game (33.9).
- Lipscomb ranks 30th in three pointers attempted per game (23.6) while Abilene Christian ranks 201st (19.8).
- The Wildcats rank 20th in blocks allowed per game (2.3) while the Bisons rank 125th (4.8).
- Abilene Christian ranks 13th in steals allowed per game (4.7) while Lipscomb ranks 117th (5.8).
- The Bisons average margin of victory in their last five games has been 8.0, up from 3.0 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Wildcats have scored an average of 74.2 points per game (4.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 68.0 points per game (2.8 below their season average).