The Abilene Christian Wildcats (16-3, 5-1 SthLnd) will be at William R. Johnson Coliseum to meet the Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks (9-8, 2-3 SthLnd) in a SthLnd matchup. The game gets underway at 7:30 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 23, 2019.
Abilene Christian Wildcats vs. Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks ATS Odds
Both teams were triumphant in their last game. The Lumberjacks won a close one over the UIW Cardinals 74-71, while the Wildcats defeated the Northwestern State Demons 78-69.
Abilene Christian dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an effective field goal percentage of 0.525 (below their season average of 0.557) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 30.6 (below their season average of 32.1). For those same stats, Northwestern State had marks of 0.448 and 26.8, respectively. The Lumberjacks, meanwhile, had an extraordinary effective field goal percentage of 0.619 (above their season average of 0.495) and held the Cardinals to an offensive rebounding percentage of 25.0 (below the 30.9 mark opponents have averaged against Stephen F. Austin this season). Kevon Harris played well for Stephen F. Austin, putting up 25 points and seven rebounds. Abilene Christian, meanwhile, was led by B.J. Maxwell, who finished with 19 points, seven rebounds and five assists.
The Lumberjacks dominated this series last year, taking both contests. In the last game, Stephen F. Austin won 76-56. Stephen F. Austin’s free throw rate was their largest strength over Abilene Christian. The Lumberjacks had a rate of 0.259, while the Wildcats posted a mark of 0.098. This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
The ineffective offense of Stephen F. Austin will battle against the stingy defense of Abilene Christian. The Lumberjacks currently rank 288th in offensive efficiency, while the Wildcats are 56th in defensive efficiency. The Wildcats figure to have the advantage on that end of the court.
Abilene Christian vs. Stephen F. Austin ATS Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Stephen F. Austin, O/U – Under
- Abilene Christian ranks second in three pointers allowed per game (16.3) while Stephen F. Austin ranks 216th (24.7).
- The Lumberjacks rank 164th in rebounds per game (35.4) while the Wildcats rank 252nd (32.7).
- Abilene Christian allows the 24th-fewest blocks per game (2.5) while Stephen F. Austin ranks 46th (2.8).
- The Wildcats rank 30th in assists allowed per game (10.7) while the Lumberjacks rank 187th (14.8).
- Abilene Christian averages 8.6 steals per game, which ranks 17th in the NCAA. Stephen F. Austin ranks 145th in steals allowed per game (7.1).
- During their last five games, the Lumberjacks have scored an average of 66.4 points per game (2.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 67.6 points per game (1.4 below their season average).
- The Wildcats’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 3.4, down from 12.1 for the season.