The Southeastern Louisiana Lions (4-11, 0-2 SthLnd) and the Abilene Christian Wildcats (13-3, 2-1 SthLnd) battle at University Center. The Lions will try to put an end to their seven-game losing streak. The game begins at 5 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 12, 2019.
Abilene Christian Wildcats vs. Southeastern Louisiana Lions ATS Odds
In their last matchup, the Lions lost a tough one against the Central Arkansas Bears, 73-71, while the Wildcats edged the McNeese State Cowboys, 73-72.
Abilene Christian’s effective field goal percentage was their largest advantage over McNeese State. The Wildcats had a rate of 0.596 (above their season average of 0.558), while the Cowboys posted a mark of 0.547. Southeastern Louisiana, on the other hand, held Central Arkansas to an offensive rebounding percentage of 12.5 (below their season average of 23.9). Marlain Veal had a good performance for Southeastern Louisiana with 27 points. Meanwhile, Abilene Christian rallied around Jaren Lewis, who had 15 points, nine rebounds and five assists.
The Lions dominated this series last year, taking both games. In the most recent contest, Southeastern Louisiana won 68-54. Southeastern Louisiana had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.563 vs. 0.373). Abilene Christian, on the other hand, did a terrific job of making free throws (10-14; 71.4 percent). This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
The ineffective offense of Southeastern Louisiana will clash against the top-notch defense of Abilene Christian. The Lions rank 346th in offensive efficiency, while the Wildcats are 55th in defensive efficiency. The Wildcats figure to have the advantage on that end of the court.
Abilene Christian Wildcats vs. Southeastern Louisiana Lions ATS Pick
Basketball Tip: SU Winner – Southeastern Louisiana, O/U – Over
- Abilene Christian averages 9.0 steals per game, which ranks 16th in the country. Southeastern Louisiana ranks 163rd in steals allowed per game (7.8).
- The Wildcats rank 44th in assists per game (16.0) while the Lions rank 151st (12.8).
- Southeastern Louisiana ranks 164th in three pointers attempted per game (21.2) while Abilene Christian ranks 244th (18.2).
- The Wildcats rank ninth in rebounds allowed per game (29.3) while the Lions rank 130th (35.1).
- Abilene Christian ranks 20th in blocks allowed per game (2.3) while Southeastern Louisiana ranks 137th (4.4).
- During their last five games, the Wildcats have scored an average of 73.4 points per game (2.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 61.8 points per game (1.0 below their season average).
- The Lions’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 2.4, down from 7.9 for the season.