The Southeastern Louisiana Lions (6-20, 3-12 SthLnd) welcome the Abilene Christian Wildcats (16-10, 11-4 SthLnd) to University Center. The Lions will attempt to put an end to their six-game losing streak. The game gets underway at 5 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 22, 2020.
Abilene Christian Wildcats at Southeastern Louisiana Lions ATS Odds
In their last game, the Lions fell to the Nicholls Colonels, 81-71, while the Wildcats beat the Houston Baptist Huskies, 82-68.
The Wildcats forced 21 turnovers and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.549 (above their season average of 0.505). Southeastern Louisiana, meanwhile, did a terrific job of getting and making free throws (22-30; 73.3 percent). Southeastern Louisiana rallied around Pape Diop, who had 23 points and eight rebounds. Payten Ricks, meanwhile played a pivotal role for Abilene Christian with 24 points.
In their first matchup this year, Joe Pleasant led the Wildcats to a 76-55 victory. He scored a game-high 12 points. The Wildcats’ 19.3 turnover percentage was their largest advantage over the Lions, who had a mark of 29.5.
The inefficient offense of Southeastern Louisiana (340th in the nation with an offensive efficiency of 91.7) will go head-to-head against the stingy defense of Abilene Christian (12th in the NCAA with a defensive efficiency of 90.1). The Wildcats should have the advantage on that end of the court. Also, the Wildcats, who rank 44th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.275), could earn plenty of trips to the line against the Lions, who rank 325th in opponents’ FTA rate (0.295).
Abilene Christian Wildcats vs. Southeastern Louisiana Lions Odds Pick
Free Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Abilene Christian, ATS Winner – Abilene Christian, O/U – Over
- Abilene Christian ranks fifth in assists allowed per game (9.2) while Southeastern Louisiana ranks 243rd (15.1).
- The Wildcats rank 10th in three pointers allowed per game (16.6) while the Lions rank 105th (20.5).
- The Wildcats average 9.5 steals per game, which ranks sixth in the country. The Lions rank 197th in steals allowed per game (7.5).
- Abilene Christian ranks 100th in rebounds allowed per game (33.6) while Southeastern Louisiana ranks 272nd (38.5).
- The Wildcats’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 14.6, up from 11.7 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Lions have scored an average of 73.0 points per game (4.8 above their season average) and allowed an average of 81.0 points per game (3.5 above their season average).