The Abilene Christian Wildcats (10-8, 5-2 SthLnd) will be at the Farris Center to go head-to-head with the Central Arkansas Bears (5-14, 4-4 SthLnd) in a SthLnd matchup. The game is scheduled to start at 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 25, 2020.
Abilene Christian Wildcats vs. Central Arkansas Bears ATS Odds
Both teams fell in their last matchup. The Bears fell to the Nicholls Colonels, 79-72, while the Wildcats were defeated by the Sam Houston State Bearkats, 82-76.
Abilene Christian had an offensive rebounding percentage of 38.7 (above their season average of 31.5) while Central Arkansas had an effective field goal percentage of 0.563 (above their season average of 0.475). Central Arkansas was led by DeAndre Jones, who finished with 26 points, seven rebounds and seven assists. Coryon Mason, meanwhile played well for Abilene Christian, putting up 19 points.
The Wildcats dominated this series last year, winning both contests. In the most recent contest, Abilene Christian won 67-55. One of Abilene Christian’s largest strengths was their ability to convert at the free throw line. They were 3-3 (100.0 percent), while the Bears were just 2-7 (28.6 percent). This is the first time these teams will meet this year.
The inefficient offense of Central Arkansas (313th in the nation with an offensive efficiency of 95.3) will square off against the stingy defense of Abilene Christian (23rd in the nation with a defensive efficiency of 89.2). The Wildcats should have the advantage on that end of the court. Also, the Wildcats are among the country’s elite at getting to the line, ranking 38th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.275). The Bears, meanhwile, rank 267th at keeping opponents off the charity stripe with an opponents’ FTA rate of 0.252.
Abilene Christian Wildcats at Central Arkansas Bears Pick
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Abilene Christian, ATS Winner – Abilene Christian, O/U – Under
- Abilene Christian ranks 11th in assists allowed per game (9.6) while Central Arkansas ranks 247th (16.8).
- The Wildcats rank 59th in rebounds allowed per game (32.8) while the Bears rank 256th (40.2).
- Central Arkansas ranks 14th in blocks per game (5.6) while Abilene Christian ranks 161st (2.4).
- The Wildcats rank 14th in three pointers allowed per game (16.9) while the Bears rank 241st (24.9).
- Abilene Christian averages 9.4 steals per game, which ranks 12th in the NCAA. Central Arkansas ranks 209th in steals allowed per game (9.4).
- The Wildcats’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 7.0, down from 12.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bears have scored an average of 78.8 points per game (4.1 above their season average) and allowed an average of 78.6 points per game (8.3 below their season average).