The Abilene Christian Wildcats (1-0) will travel to Convocation Center to challenge the Arkansas State Red Wolves (0-1) in their home opener. Action starts at 8 p.m. ET on Monday, November 13, 2017.
Abilene Christian Wildcats vs. Arkansas State Red Wolves ATS Preview
The Wildcats won big over the Randall University Saints in their last game, 86-68. Jalone Friday was the top scorer from either team with 25 points on 10-for-16 shooting. Abilene Christian dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.295 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.557. Randall University recorded marks of 0.085 and 0.437, respectively, for those same stats.
In the Red Wolves last game, they were blown out by the Evansville Aces, 77-63. Ty Cockfield was the games leading scorer with 22 points on 8-for-13 shooting. Evansville did a great job of making free throws (26-34; 76.5 percent). Arkansas State, on the other hand, had a better offensive rebounding percentage (33.3 vs. 29.4).
This has potential to be a mistake-prone game for the offense of Arkansas State. Since the 2016-17 season, Arkansas State ranks 211th in the nation in ball protection (turnover percentage of 19.1 percent), while the ball-hawking defense of Abilene Christian has forced the 33rd-most turnovers in the NCAA (21.6 percent).
Abilene Christian Wildcats vs. Arkansas State Red Wolves Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Arkansas State, ATS Winner – Arkansas State, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Wildcats rank 180th in blocks per game (2.9) while the Red Wolves rank 224th in blocks allowed per game (4.0).
- Abilene Christian ranks 240th in three pointers attempted per game (18.9) while Arkansas State ranks 268th (18.1).
- Arkansas State ranks 124th in rebounds per game (36.4) while Abilene Christian ranks 292nd (31.7).
- The Wildcats rank 50th in steals per game (7.3) while the Red Wolves rank 213th (5.4).
- Abilene Christian ranks 120th in assists per game (14.1) while Arkansas State ranks 240th (12.2).