The Golden State Warriors (7-3), the league’s top scoring team, will clash with the Miami Heat (4-5) at ORACLE Arena. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 226.5 points with Golden State set as a 16-point favorite. Tip-off is set for at 10:30 p.m. ET on Monday, November 6, 2017, and it can be seen on Fox Sports Sun.
Miami Heat vs. Golden State Warriors ATS Preview
The last time the Heat played, they barely escaped the Los Angeles Clippers, 104-101. Hassan Whiteside was Miami’s high scorer with 21 points on 9-for-16 shooting. Miami’s effective field goal percentage was their biggest advantage over Los Angeles. The Heat had a rate of 0.524 (below their season average of 0.526), while the Clippers posted a mark of 0.443 (below their season average of 0.516).
In the Warriors’ last matchup, they blew out the Denver Nuggets, 127-108. With 25 points on 9-for-13 shooting, Kevin Durant was the top scorer from either team. The Warriors, who came into the game averaging an effective field goal percentage of 0.602, had an absurd mark of 0.648 and had a turnover percentage of 11.7 (better than their season average of 15.3).
The high-octane offense of Golden State will go head-to-head against the mid-tier defense of Miami. Since last season, the Warriors rank first in offensive efficiency, while the Heat are 15th in defensive efficiency. The Warriors figure to have the advantage on that end of the court. ,
Games involving Miami have finished over 44.4 percent of the time, while Golden State games have gone over 70.0 percent of the time. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Warriors have a sizable advantage. They are 7-3 SU and 4-6 ATS, while the Heat are 4-5 SU and 2-5-2 ATS.
Each team won one of the two games played against each other last season. In the most recent matchup, the Warriors won 107-95. Converting at the free throw line was one of Golden State’s largest strengths. They were 18-22 (81.8 percent), while the Heat were 13-17 (76.5 percent).
Miami Heat at Golden State Warriors Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Warriors, ATS Winner – Heat, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Heat rank ninth in points off turnovers per game (16.1) while the Warriors rank 26th in points off turnovers allowed per game (17.2).
- Miami ranks 20th in second chance points per game (13.3) while Golden State ranks 28th in second chance points allowed per game (13.9).
- Golden State ranks first in blocks per game (6.8) while Miami ranks 13th in blocks allowed per game (4.8).
- Golden State averages 44.6 rebounds per game, which ranks 12th in the league. Miami ranks 19th in rebounds allowed per game (43.7).
- Golden State is 32-2 when they hold opponents below 100 points, while Miami is 25-16.
- In games where they score more than 100 points, the Heat are 39-16 and the Warriors are 90-13.
- The Heat rank ninth in points in the paint per game (45.5) while the Warriors rank 21st in points allowed in the paint per game (45.5).
- Miami ranks second in fast break points allowed per game (9.9) while Golden State ranks 26th (14.2).
- The Heat rank second in assists allowed per game (19.5) while the Warriors rank 26th (22.4).
- The Warriors rank 17th in steals per game (9.3) while the Heat rank 24th in steals allowed per game (7.1).
- Miami ranks first in three pointers allowed per game (22.7) while Golden State ranks 19th (28.3).