SBC foes will clash when the Arkansas State Red Wolves (6-8, 1-0 SBC) square off with the Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns (9-2, 1-0 SBC) at Convocation Center. Action starts at 4:30 p.m. ET on Sunday, December 31, 2017.
Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns vs. Arkansas State Red Wolves Betting Preview
In the Ragin’ Cajuns’ last contest, they defeated the Little Rock Trojans, 77-63. With 15 points and 19 rebounds, Louisiana’s Bryce Washington had a good outing. The Ragin’ Cajuns knocked down 20 of their 24 free throws (83.3 percent) and had an offensive rebounding percentage of 44.1 (above their season average of 38.2).
The Red Wolves will look to maintain momentum after beating the Louisiana-Monroe Warhawks in their last outing, 75-64. Tamas Bruce was a key piece for Arkansas State with 10 points and 11 rebounds. The Red Wolves knocked down 25 of their 30 free throws (83.3 percent) and had a turnover percentage of 7.6 (better than their season average of 18.4).
This has potential to be an error-filled game for the offense of Arkansas State. Arkansas State ranks 264th in the NCAA in ball protection (turnover percentage of 20.5 percent), while the disruptive defense of Louisiana forces the 90th-most turnovers in the NCAA (21.2 percent). Additionally, the 19th-ranked offense of the Ragin’ Cajuns (offensive efficiency of 118.8) will attempt to exploit the 288th-ranked defense of the Red Wolves (defensive efficiency of 107.9).
Ty Cockfield has really been playing well over the last five games for Arkansas State, averaging 16.0 points per game.
This is the first time these teams will meet this year. The Red Wolves won both matchups played against each other last season. In the last game, Arkansas State won 88-69. The Red Wolves dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had an absurd effective field goal percentage of 0.610 and a solid free throw rate of 0.271. For those same stats, the Ragin’ Cajuns had marks of 0.483 and 0.224, respectively.
Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns vs. Arkansas State Red Wolves Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Arkansas State, ATS Winner – Arkansas State, O/U – Under
- The Ragin’ Cajuns allow the 12th-fewest three pointers per game (16.5) while the Red Wolves rank 25th (18.1).
- Louisiana ranks 17th in assists per game (18.2) while Arkansas State ranks 227th (11.4).
- The Ragin’ Cajuns rank 42nd in rebounds per game (39.9) while the Red Wolves rank 222nd (33.4).
- Louisiana ranks 48th in steals per game (7.7) while Arkansas State ranks 100th in steals allowed per game (6.3).
- The Red Wolves have outscored opponents by an average of 6.2 points in their last five games. On the season, Arkansas State has been defeated by an average of 0.2 points.
- During their last five games, the Ragin’ Cajuns have scored an average of 76.2 points per game (12.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 72.4 points per game (1.2 below their season average).