2016 Boxing Online Betting Odds - BetDSI Boxing Picks
There are a lot of options for betting on boxing at BetDSI sportsbook. Whether you want to bet on a fighter to win, bet the rounds or bet on some of the props, you can do it all at BetDSI. Fights are on the board on a regular basis with big fights scheduled nearly every month of the year. In addition to big championship fights, there are other top fights available to wager on at the sportsbook. Whether you want to bet on a fighter to win or if you want to bet on the rounds or the exact outcome of the fight, the boxing betting choices are excellent at BetDSI.
The first main option when you bet on boxing is betting a fighter to win. This is a simple money line wager that has one fighter favored against another. For example, you might have a boxer listed at -400 to win a fight while the underdog was +300. This option would have you risking 4-1 on the favorite and getting 3-1 on the underdog. You could risk any amount of money on that wager within the limits at the sportsbook.
The next option involves the rounds. Usually the oddsmakers will set a round proposition bet that is anywhere from a few rounds all the way up to 11.5. The odds are based upon how the fight is expected to go. This is also a money line wager. You might have a rounds option at 11.5 with the over listed at -200. In that case you would be risking 2-1 on the fight going over the rounds total and getting back something like +160 on the under.
Upcoming Boxing Fights
- February 20th - Fedor Chudinov vs Felix Sturm - Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
- February 27th - Hank Lundy vs Terence Crawford - New York City, USA
- March 5th - Luis Ortiz vs Tony Thompson - Washington, D.C., USA
- March 12th - Derry Mathews vs Terry Flanagan - Liverpool, England
- March 26th - Kell Brook vs Kevin Bizier - Sheffield, England
- April 1st - Adrien Broner vs Ashley Theophane - Washington, D.C.
- April 9th - Timothy Bradley Jr. vs Manny Pacquiao - Las Vegas, Nevada
- April 16th - Gary Russell Jr. vs Patrick Hyland - Mashantucket, Connecticut
- April 23rd - Gennady Golovkin vs Dominic Wade - Inglewood, California
- April 30th - Lucian Bute vs Badou Jack - Washington, D.C.
- May 7th - Amir Khan vs Saul Alvarez - Las Vegas, Nevada
- May 21st - Erislandy Lara vs Vanes Martirosyan - Las Vegas, Nevada
- May 29th - Tony Bellew vs Ilunga Makabu - Liverpool, England
Boxing Betting Results
Another choice you will see sometimes as you bet on boxing is how the fight will end. Will a fighter win by knockout or by decision? Let’s look at an example.
Boxer A by decision 3-1
Boxer A by knockout 2-1
Boxer B by decision 5-1
Boxer B by knockout 7-1
These boxing props are oftentimes offered on the marquee fights that you see on pay-per-view or on television networks like NBC. You may also find that in marquee fights you will have odds on what round the fight will end in. This option is usually only available on marquee fights that get a lot of attention.
Boxing odds can be beaten but it is not always easy. The oddsmakers create a boxing betting line that is supposed to divide the betting money evenly between fighters but that is not always what happens. The oddsmakers usually have a good idea of which boxer will win and they set the boxing odds accordingly. They know that the public will bet the marquee fighter regardless of the line so they set it high.
Most of the time gamblers can’t make a long term profit trying to beat the odds because they are so high but they may be able to pick and choose their spots and make money. They may also be able to look at the over/under boxing betting line options on the rounds.
Some intangible factors to consider beyond the obvious record of each fighter and their styles are things like home town advantage, title defense, etc. You shouldn’t just blindly look at the boxing handicapping stats without considering other factors.