The Pittsburgh Panthers, 14-point favorites, welcome the Youngstown State Penguins to Petersen Events Center to kick off the new season. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 144 points and it can be seen on ACC Network at 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, November 6, 2018.
Youngstown State Penguins at Pittsburgh Panthers ATS Odds
Neither team made the tournament last season. Pittsburgh went 8-24 in the regular season while Youngstown State finished 8-24.
The Penguins had records of 8-24 straight up (SU) and 12-17 against the spread (ATS) last season. Of Youngstown State’s 29 games that accepted bets last season, 17 finished over the O/U total.
On the other side, the Panthers were 8-24 SU and 14-18 ATS last season. Unlike Youngstown State, games featuring Pittsburgh had a tendency to finish under the projected point total (59.4 percent).
It might be a mistake-prone game for the Pittsburgh offense. Last season, Pittsburgh ranked 318th in the nation in ball protection (turnover percentage of 21.1 percent), while the disruptive defense of Youngstown State forced the 51st-most turnovers in the NCAA (21.0 percent). This contest should be a matchup of contrasting tempos. The fast-paced Penguins ranked 20th in possessions per game, while the slower-paced Panthers ranked 325th.
Youngstown State at Pittsburgh Odds Pick
Basketball Tip: SU Winner – Pittsburgh, ATS Winner – Youngstown State, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2017-Present):
- Youngstown State ranks ninth in steals per game (8.3) while Pittsburgh ranks 267th (4.3).
- The Penguins rank 143rd in assists per game (13.9) while the Panthers rank 267th in assists allowed per game (15.1).
- Youngstown State averages 22.3 three pointers per game, which ranks 140th in the nation. Pittsburgh ranks 157th in three pointers allowed per game (22.0).
- The Penguins rank 110th in rebounds per game (36.4) while the Panthers rank 306th (31.5).
- Youngstown State ranks 83rd in blocks per game (3.9) while Pittsburgh ranks 218th in blocks allowed per game (4.2).