The Youngstown State Penguins (6-20, 4-9 Hor), who are currently riding a five-game losing streak, look to get back in the win column when they visit Indiana Farmers Coliseum to meet the IUPUI Jaguars (8-16, 5-8 Hor). Action starts at 1 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 10, 2018.
Youngstown State Penguins vs. IUPUI Jaguars Free Preview
In the Penguins last contest, they lost big to the UIC Flames, 100-75. Youngstown State’s Braun Hartfield had 12 points and 11 rebounds in the contest. UIC did a terrific job of making free throws (24-31; 77.4 percent). Youngstown State, meanwhile, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 45.1 (above their season average of 35.9).
The Jaguars come in on a high note after defeating the Cleveland State Vikings in their last contest, 78-73. With 19 points on 5-for-7 shooting, T.J. Henderson was the top scorer from either team. IUPUI dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an extraordinary free throw rate of 0.523 (above their season average of 0.193) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 28.6 (below their season average of 32.4). For those same stats, Cleveland State was 0.241 and 23.3, respectively.
This has potential to be a sloppy game for the offense of IUPUI. IUPUI ranks 311th in the NCAA in ball protection (turnover percentage of 21.3 percent), while the gambling defense of Youngstown State forces the 78th-most turnovers in the NCAA (21.1 percent).
These teams have already met once this season. The Penguins won 85-62. The Penguins dominated every facet of the game. They had a phenomenal offensive rebounding percentage of 62.1 and a turnover percentage of 18.0. For those same stats, the Jaguars were 27.6 and 22.0, respectively. Cameron Morse was the games top overall scorer with 23 points.
Youngstown State Penguins at IUPUI Jaguars Odds Prediction
Free Basketball Pick: SU Winner – IUPUI, ATS Winner – IUPUI, O/U – Over
- The Jaguars average 3.3 blocks per game, which ranks 126th in the nation. The Penguins rank 192nd in blocks allowed per game (4.7).
- IUPUI ranks 48th in three pointers allowed per game (19.5) while Youngstown State ranks 90th (20.5).
- Youngstown State ranks 13th in steals per game (8.4) while IUPUI ranks 195th in steals allowed per game (7.4).
- The Penguins rank 87th in rebounds per game (37.0) while the Jaguars rank 231st (33.3).
- IUPUI ranks 150th in assists allowed per game (13.7) while Youngstown State ranks 261st (16.9).
- The Jaguars average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 9.8, up from 5.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Penguins have scored an average of 67.8 points per game (7.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 85.8 points per game (2.8 above their season average).