The Butler Bulldogs (7-2) can lengthen a six-game home winning streak when they clash against the Youngstown State Penguins (2-6) at Hinkle Fieldhouse. Action starts at 12 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 9, 2017.
Youngstown State Penguins vs. Butler Bulldogs Free Preview
In the Penguins last contest, they lost to the Robert Morris Colonials, 81-74. Youngstown State’s Devin Haygood put together a good game, leading the team in scoring with 15 points on 7-for-9 shooting. Robert Morris had a free throw rate of 0.449 (above their season average of 0.223). Youngstown State, meanwhile, forced the Colonials into a turnover percentage of 23.0 (above their season average of 19.9).
The Bulldogs hope to maintain momentum after defeating the Utah Runnin Utes in their last matchup, 81-69. With 29 points on 12-for-19 shooting, Kelan Martin was the games high scorer. Butler played a perfect game. They had a free throw rate of 0.236 (above their season average of 0.188) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.618 (above their season average of 0.506). For those same stats, Utah recorded marks of 0.153 and 0.508, respectively.
Butler could dominate on the offensive side of the ball as their prolific offense goes up against one of the nation’s worst defenses. The Bulldogs rank 60th in offensive efficiency, while Youngstown State ranks 292nd in defensive efficiency since last season. It will also be a battle of contrasting tempos as the fast-breaking Penguins rank 15th in possessions per game, while the more half-court oriented Bulldogs rank 303rd.
Youngstown State Penguins vs. Butler Bulldogs ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Youngstown State, ATS Winner – Youngstown State, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Bulldogs rank 27th in blocks allowed per game (2.7) while the Penguins rank 158th (3.5).
- Butler ranks 36th in steals allowed per game (5.1) while Youngstown State ranks 121st (6.0).
- Butler ranks 21st in rebounds allowed per game (31.4) while Youngstown State ranks 304th (39.9).
- The Bulldogs rank 22nd in assists allowed per game (10.8) while the Penguins rank 292nd (16.5).
- Butler ranks 104th in three pointers allowed per game (20.4) while Youngstown State ranks 237th (23.0).