The Youngstown State Penguins (5-12, 3-1 Hor) head to Detroit to take on the Titans (5-13, 1-4 Hor) in a game that will likely be up-tempo. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET on Friday, January 12, 2018.
Youngstown State Penguins at Detroit Titans Betting Preview
The Penguins lost to the Oakland Golden Grizzlies in their last outing, 95-82. Cameron Morse had a good game for Youngstown State, putting up 21 points. Oakland did an excellent job of making free throws (15-18; 83.3 percent). Youngstown State, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (14.9 vs. 18.4).
The last time the Titans played, they beat the Cleveland State Vikings, 85-84. With 25 points on 9-for-14 shooting, Corey Allen was the games leading scorer. Detroit dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.211 (below their season average of 0.241) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 17.2 (below their season average of 28.0). For those same stats, Cleveland State was 0.143 and 14.8, respectively.
There could be plenty of transition action in this showdown that showcases two of the NCAA’s more up-and-down teams. Detroit ranks seventh in possessions per game (77.6) and Youngstown State is 20th (75.2).
This is the first time these teams will battle this year, after the Titans won both games last season. In the most recent game, Detroit won 90-80. Detroit had a better free throw rate (0.242 vs. 0.186). Youngstown State, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (13.5 vs. 16.0).
Youngstown State Penguins at Detroit Titans Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Detroit, ATS Winner – Detroit, O/U – Under
- The Penguins average 21.9 three pointers per game, which ranks 148th in the NCAA. The Titans rank 190th in three pointers allowed per game (23.8).
- Youngstown State averages 3.5 blocks per game, which ranks 95th in the nation. Detroit ranks 129th in blocks allowed per game (4.3).
- Youngstown State ranks 81st in assists per game (15.0) while Detroit ranks 231st in assists allowed per game (17.2).
- The Penguins rank 124th in rebounds allowed per game (34.8) while the Titans rank 249th (39.3).
- Youngstown State ranks 12th in steals per game (9.1) while Detroit ranks 107th (6.4).
- The Titans average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 5.6, up from 5.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Penguins have scored an average of 74.0 points per game (1.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 77.6 points per game (5.1 below their season average).