The Penn Quakers (22-8, 12-2 Ivy) and Yale Bulldogs (16-14, 9-5 Ivy) will face off at Palestra to finish out the regular season. Action begins at 3 p.m. ET on Saturday, March 10, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPN2.
Yale Bulldogs vs. Penn Quakers Betting Preview
In the Bulldogs last matchup, they beat the Princeton Tigers, 94-90. With 18 points, nine rebounds and five assists, Yale’s Miye Oni put together a good performance. The Bulldogs had an absurd effective field goal percentage of 0.600 (above their season average of 0.537) and held the Tigers to an offensive rebounding percentage of 17.1 (below their season average of 22.9).
The Quakers come in on a high note after defeating the Brown Bears in their last outing, 99-93. Penn rallied around Ryan Betley, who was the games high scorer with 30 points on 10-for-14 shooting. The Quakers knocked down 24 of their 30 free throws (80.0 percent) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.658 (above their season average of 0.528).
Penn appears to have the edge on the offensive side of the ball. The Quakers rank 90th in effective field goal percentage (0.532), while Yale ranks 243rd in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.517). Furthermore, the Bulldogs rank 263rd in offensive rebounding percentage (26.5 percent), while the Quakers rank 18th in defensive rebounding percentage (76.8 percent).
These two teams have met twice already this year, each winning once. In the most recent contest, the Quakers lost 80-79. Darnell Foreman put up 21 points, seven assists and five rebounds. Yale had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (37.8 vs. 12.9). Penn, meanwhile, had a much better turnover percentage (9.8 vs. 15.3).
Yale Bulldogs at Penn Quakers Odds Prediction
Free Pick: SU Winner – Penn, ATS Winner – Penn, O/U – Over
- The Quakers rank 45th in three pointers attempted per game (25.4) while the Bulldogs rank 77th in three pointers allowed per game (20.3).
- Yale is 34th in the nation with 2.6 blocks allowed per game while Penn is 54th with 2.8 blocks allowed per game.
- Penn ranks seventh in assists allowed per game (10.0) while Yale ranks 167th (13.8).
- The Quakers rank 30th in steals allowed per game (5.1) while the Bulldogs rank 181st (7.0).
- Penn ranks 65th in rebounds per game (37.7) while Yale ranks 105th in rebounds allowed per game (33.8).
- The Quakers average margin of victory in their last five games has been 8.8, up from 7.4 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bulldogs have scored an average of 77.6 points per game (2.4 above their season average) and allowed an average of 77.2 points per game (3.6 above their season average).