The Delaware Fightin Blue Hens (4-2) will be at home in Bob Carpenter Center Acierno Arena when they go head-to-head with the Yale Bulldogs (3-4). Yale is a 2.5-point favorite on the opening line, while the games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 141 points. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET on Monday, November 27, 2017.
Yale Bulldogs vs. Delaware Fightin Blue Hens Betting Preview
The Bulldogs were beaten by the Vermont Catamounts in their last matchup, 79-73. With 26 points on 8-for-16 shooting, Miye Oni was the games high scorer. Vermont had a free throw rate of 0.316 (above their season average of 0.252). Yale, meanwhile, had a better effective field goal percentage (0.554 vs. 0.535).
In the Fightin Blue Hens last game, they defeated the Longwood Lancers, 65-57. With 19 points on 8-for-13 shooting, Ryan Allen led Delaware in scoring. Delaware played a nearly flawless game. They had a free throw rate of 0.264 (matching their season average) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 16.1 (below their season average of 34.6). Longwood was 0.107 and 11.1, respectively, for those same stats.
Delaware could have difficulty getting to the free throw line in this matchup. Dating back to last season, the Fightin Blue Hens rank 249th in the nation with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.230, while Yale ranks 26th in FTA rate allowed (0.193).
These two teams are complete opposites in terms of the O/U total. Yale games have gone over 100.0 percent of the time, while games featuring Delaware have finished under 66.7 percent of the time. The Fightin Blue Hens hold a significant advantage in terms of straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 4-2 SU and 1-1-1 ATS, while the Bulldogs are 3-4 SU and 0-2 ATS.
The Bulldogs won the only contest against the Fightin Blue Hens last season, 81-63. The Bulldogs dominated every stat category in the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.222 and a phenomenal offensive rebounding percentage of 33.3. For those same stats, the Fightin Blue Hens were 0.071 and 27.0, respectively.
Yale Bulldogs at Delaware Fightin Blue Hens Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Yale, ATS Winner – Yale, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Fightin Blue Hens average 5.7 steals per game, which ranks 199th in the nation. The Bulldogs rank 210th in steals allowed per game (6.6).
- Yale ranks 130th in rebounds per game (36.5) while Delaware ranks 133rd in rebounds allowed per game (34.5).
- Yale ranks 27th in assists per game (16.1) while Delaware ranks 251st (11.9).
- The Bulldogs rank 141st in three pointers attempted per game (21.8) while the Fightin Blue Hens rank 251st in three pointers allowed per game (22.9).
- Yale ranks 63rd in blocks per game (4.2) while Delaware ranks 164th in blocks allowed per game (3.6).