The Lehigh Mountain Hawks (4-4) will be at home in Stabler Arena when they meet the Yale Bulldogs (5-5). Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, December 6, 2017.
Yale Bulldogs at Lehigh Mountain Hawks Betting Preview
The Bulldogs lost big to the No. 23 TCU Horned Frogs in their last game, 92-66. Miye Oni had a solid performance for Yale, leading the team in scoring with 18 points on 7-for-12 shooting. TCU had a turnover percentage of 11.5 (better than their season average of 16.9). Yale, on the other hand, did an excellent job of converting from the free throw line (7-10; 70.0 percent).
The last time the Mountain Hawks played, they were thoroughly outplayed by the No. 18 Virginia Cavaliers, 75-54. Lance Tejada was the games high scorer with 22 points on 8-for-14 shooting. Virginia had a turnover percentage of 8.7 (better than their season average of 13.5). Lehigh, on the other hand, did a terrific job of converting from the free throw line (6-7; 85.7 percent). Lehigh figures to have the edge on the offensive side of the ball. The Mountain Hawks rank 40th in effective field goal percentage (0.544), while Yale ranks 142nd in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.494) dating back to last season.
Oni has really been playing well over the last five games for Yale, averaging 17.4 points, 5.6 rebounds, 4.2 assists and 1.6 steals per game.
The Bulldogs won the only contest against the Mountain Hawks last season, 89-81. Yale had a better turnover percentage (11.1 vs. 15.3). Lehigh, meanwhile, had a better free throw rate (0.258 vs. 0.192).
Yale Bulldogs vs. Lehigh Mountain Hawks Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Yale, ATS Winner – Yale, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Bulldogs rank 145th in rebounds per game (36.3) while the Mountain Hawks rank 234th (34.3).
- Lehigh averages 6.5 steals per game, which ranks 123rd in the nation. Yale ranks 190th in steals allowed per game (6.6).
- Yale ranks 26th in assists per game (16.5) while Lehigh ranks 229th in assists allowed per game (14.2).
- The Bulldogs average 21.9 three pointers per game, which ranks 146th in the NCAA. The Mountain Hawks rank 249th in three pointers allowed per game (23.1).
- Lehigh ranks 35th in blocks allowed per game (2.7) while Yale ranks 132nd (3.4).