The Kennesaw State Owls (3-10) will be at home in KSU Convocation Center when they square off against the Yale Bulldogs (6-8). Action gets underway at 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 30, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
Yale Bulldogs at Kennesaw State Owls ATS Preview
In the Bulldogs last outing, they lost big to the Monmouth Hawks, 85-64. With 25 points on 8-for-19 shooting, Miye Oni was the top scorer from either team. Monmouth had an effective field goal percentage of 0.654 (above their season average of 0.514). Yale, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (15.2 vs. 18.9).
The Owls are trying to rebound after their 89-56 loss to the Mercer Bears in their last outing. James Scott led Kennesaw State in scoring with 18 points on 7-for-16 shooting. Mercer’s turnover percentage was their biggest strength over Kennesaw State. The Bears had a rate of 14.9 (better than their season average of 15.9), while the Owls posted a mark of 22.8 (above their season average of 18.2).
Second-chance points might be scarce for Kennesaw State in this meeting. The Owls are among the NCAA’s elite on the offensive glass, ranking 196th in offensive rebounding percentage at 29.1 percent. Meanwhile, Yale ranks 89th in the nation at corralling defensive rebounds with a defensive rebounding percentage of 73.8 percent.
Yale Bulldogs at Kennesaw State Owls Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Kennesaw State, ATS Winner – Kennesaw State, O/U – Over
- The Bulldogs rank 37th in blocks allowed per game (2.6) while the Owls rank 65th (3.0).
- Kennesaw State averages 6.3 steals per game, which ranks 112th in the nation. Yale ranks 131st in steals allowed per game (7.0).
- Yale ranks 40th in three pointers attempted per game (26.3) while Kennesaw State ranks 256th (16.1).
- The Bulldogs average 18.2 assists per game, which ranks 16th in the NCAA. The Owls rank 190th in assists allowed per game (14.9).
- Yale ranks 173rd in rebounds per game (35.0) while Kennesaw State ranks 236th (32.7).
- The Owls average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 11.8, up from 10.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bulldogs have scored an average of 70.0 points per game (6.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 82.4 points per game (7.1 above their season average).