The Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (7-7) will be at home in McCamish Pavilion when they challenge the Yale Bulldogs (7-8). The Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 137.5 points with Georgia Tech opening as an 8.5-point favorite. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 6, 2018.
Yale Bulldogs vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets Betting Preview
In the Bulldogs last contest, they defeated the Kennesaw State Owls, 89-74. Miye Oni led Yale in scoring with 22 points on 9-for-16 shooting. Yale played a nearly flawless game. They had a phenomenal offensive rebounding percentage of 34.8 (above their season average of 28.2) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.664 (above their season average of 0.548). For those same stats, Kennesaw State was 25.0 and 0.555, respectively.
The Yellow Jackets will look to maintain momentum after topping the No. 15 Miami (FL) Hurricanes in their last outing, 64-54. Georgia Tech was lifted by Josh Okogie, who was the top scorer from either team with 30 points on 10-for-23 shooting. The Yellow Jackets made 17 of their 23 free throws (73.9 percent), while the Hurricanes had a turnover percentage of 22.8 (above their season average of 15.0).
The physical Georgia Tech offense might be living from the charity stripe in this battle. The Yellow Jackets currently rank 36th in the nation with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.293, while Yale ranks 185th in FTA rate allowed (0.233).
Okogie has been solid over the last five games for Georgia Tech, averaging 18.0 points, 5.4 rebounds and 1.8 steals per game.
Yale Bulldogs vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Yale, ATS Winner – Yale, O/U – Over
- The Yellow Jackets rank 30th in blocks per game (5.2) while the Bulldogs rank 102nd (3.5).
- Yale ranks 49th in three pointers attempted per game (25.9) while Georgia Tech ranks 276th (14.9).
- The Bulldogs rank 10th in assists per game (18.5) while the Yellow Jackets rank 194th (12.4).
- Georgia Tech averages 7.6 steals per game, which ranks 47th in the nation. Yale ranks 144th in steals allowed per game (7.2).
- The Yellow Jackets have been outscored by an average of 2.0 points in their last five games. On the season, Georgia Tech has defeated opponents by an average of 2.1 points.
- During their last five games, the Bulldogs have scored an average of 74.6 points per game (2.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 78.8 points per game (3.6 above their season average).