The Wisconsin Badgers (1-0) will be at home in Kohl Center when they meet the Yale Bulldogs (0-1). The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 137.5 points with Wisconsin opening as a 13-point favorite. Action starts at 6 p.m. ET on Sunday, November 12, 2017.
Yale Bulldogs at Wisconsin Badgers ATS Preview
The last time the Bulldogs played, they lost to the Creighton Bluejays, 92-76. With 18 points on 7-for-13 shooting, Blake Reynolds was Yale’s leading scorer. Creighton had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.647 vs. 0.515). Yale, on the other hand, did a fantastic job of converting from the charity stripe (8-10; 80.0 percent).
The Badgers hope to maintain momentum after dismantling the South Carolina State Bulldogs in their last game, 85-50. Wisconsin was lifted by Ethan Happ, who was the top scorer from either team with 20 points on 8-for-11 shooting. Wisconsin dominated every facet of the game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 30.8 and a free throw rate of 0.196. South Carolina State was 10.8 and 0.107, respectively, for those same stats.
Half-court execution will be critical when a pair of the NCAA’s slowest-paced teams battle. Wisconsin ranks 335th in possessions per game (64.9) and Yale is 254th (68.0) dating back to the 2016-17 season.
Since last season, the Bulldogs are 18-12 straight up (SU) and 10-12 against the spread (ATS). Vegas has had a tendency to set the total low when Yale is involved since last season as 63.6 percent of their games have finished over the O/U total.
Meanwhile, the Badgers, have records of 26-9 SU and 17-16-1 ATS since last season. Wisconsin’s games have had a slight tendency to go over the projected point total over that same stretch (50.0 percent).
Yale Bulldogs vs. Wisconsin Badgers Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Wisconsin, ATS Winner – Wisconsin, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Badgers rank 13th in rebounds allowed per game (30.7) while the Bulldogs rank 69th (33.2).
- Wisconsin averages 3.5 blocks per game, which ranks 122nd in the nation. Yale ranks 171st in blocks allowed per game (3.6).
- Wisconsin ranks 28th in three pointers allowed per game (18.0) while Yale ranks 254th (22.9).
- The Badgers rank seventh in assists allowed per game (10.1) while the Bulldogs rank 182nd (13.6).
- Wisconsin ranks 91st in steals per game (6.8) while Yale ranks 206th in steals allowed per game (6.6).