The Albany Great Danes (2-0) will be at home in SEFCU Arena when they take on the Yale Bulldogs (1-2). Action starts at 7 p.m. ET on Friday, November 17, 2017.
Yale Bulldogs vs. Albany Great Danes Betting Preview
The Bulldogs dismantled the South Carolina State Bulldogs in their last game, 86-54. Miye Oni was the games leading scorer with 20 points on 5-for-12 shooting. Yale dominated every facet of the game. They had a superb effective field goal percentage of 0.553 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 51.4. South Carolina State put up marks of 0.307 and 36.4, respectively, for those same stats.
In the Great Danes last matchup, they topped the Boston University Terriers, 88-74. Albany received a boost from David Nichols, who was the top scorer from either team with 20 points on 7-for-14 shooting. Albany dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a phenomenal free throw rate of 0.375 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 34.5. Boston University put up marks of 0.123 and 22.2, respectively, for those same stats.
The offensive glass should be a huge advantage for Albany in this battle. The Great Danes rank 37th in offensive rebounding percentage (34.3 percent), while Yale ranks 153rd in defensive rebounding percentage (71.7 percent) dating back to last season.
The Bulldogs won the only contest against the Great Danes last season, 59-55. Yale had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (25.7 vs. 17.2). Albany, meanwhile, did a terrific job of converting from the free throw line (9-10; 90.0 percent).
Yale Bulldogs vs. Albany Great Danes Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Albany, ATS Winner – Albany, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Great Danes rank second in rebounds allowed per game (28.7) while the Bulldogs rank 69th (33.2).
- Yale ranks 211th in steals per game (5.6) while Albany ranks 265th (4.9).
- Yale ranks 64th in blocks per game (4.2) while Albany ranks 275th (1.6).
- The Bulldogs rank 42nd in assists per game (15.8) while the Great Danes rank 230th (12.5).
- Yale ranks 166th in three pointers attempted per game (20.9) while Albany ranks 326th (14.5).