The Xavier Musketeers (18-14, 10-9 Big East) clash against the 25th-ranked Villanova Wildcats (23-9, 14-5 Big East) in the Big East Conference Tourney at Madison Square Garden. Action begins at 6:30 p.m. ET on Friday, March 15, 2019.
Xavier Musketeers vs. Villanova Wildcats ATS Odds
The Wildcats were victorious over the Providence Friars in their last game, 73-62, despite being 3-point underdogs. The Musketeers, on the other hand, defeated the Creighton Bluejays, 63-61, resulting in a push. The Villanova game finished 6 points under the projected point total of 141, while the Xavier game went 22 points under the projected point total of 146.
Xavier dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.117 (matching their season average) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 27.3 (below their season average of 32.0). Creighton was 0.050 and 15.6, respectively, for those same stats. The Wildcats, on the other hand, held the Friars to an offensive rebounding percentage of 17.2 (below their season average of 32.1). The Friars also had a turnover percentage of 24.6 (above their season average of 16.1). Villanova was led by Eric Paschall, who contributed 20 points and 10 rebounds. Meanwhile, Zach Hankins had a solid performance for Xavier, finishing with 22 points and nine rebounds.
Games including the Musketeers have typically finished under the O/U total (58.1 percent). Xavier heads into the contest with records of 18-14 straight up (SU) and 13-17-1 against the spread (ATS).
Much like Xavier, Wildcats games also have a tendency to finish under the total (61.3 percent). Additionally, Villanova is 23-9 SU and 19-12 ATS.
Half-court execution will be of utmost importance when a pair of the NCAA’s slowest-paced teams square off. Villanova currently ranks 324th in possessions per game (65.6) and Xavier is 281st (67.0).
Xavier Musketeers vs. Villanova Wildcats Betting Pick
Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Villanova, ATS Winner – Xavier, O/U – Under
- Villanova ranks fourth in three pointers attempted per game (30.1) while Xavier ranks 252nd in three pointers allowed per game (25.0).
- The Wildcats rank ninth in blocks allowed per game (2.2) while the Musketeers rank 90th (3.1).
- Xavier is 31st in the nation with 31.8 rebounds allowed per game while Villanova is 53rd with 32.6 rebounds allowed per game.
- The Wildcats rank 35th in steals allowed per game (5.3) while the Musketeers rank 185th (7.1).
- Villanova averages 14.2 assists per game, which ranks 94th in the nation. Xavier ranks 213th in assists allowed per game (14.4).
- In their last five games, Xavier and Villanova have both had 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Musketeers are 4-1 ATS over their last five games, while the Wildcats are 2-3.
- During their last five games, the Musketeers have scored an average of 72.0 points per game (0.0 below their season average) and allowed an average of 65.4 points per game (5.2 below their season average).
- The Wildcats’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 4.4, down from 7.7 for the season.