The No. 9 Xavier Musketeers (11-1) put their six-game winning streak on the line when they take on the UNI Panthers (8-3) at McLeod Center. Action gets underway at 9 p.m. ET on Friday, December 22, 2017, and it can be seen on CBS Sports Network.
Xavier Musketeers at UNI Panthers Odds Preview
The Musketeers were victorious over the Marshall Thundering Herd in their last outing, 81-77. With 14 points and 11 rebounds, Xavier’s Tyrique Jones had a solid outing. Xavier dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had an extraordinary free throw rate of 0.390 (above their season average of 0.345) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 27.3 (below their season average of 33.7). For those same stats, Marshall put up marks of 0.174 and 15.9, respectively.
The last time the Panthers played, they were beaten by the Iowa State Cyclones, 76-65. With 13 points and seven rebounds, UNI’s Klint Carlson played well. Iowa State did an excellent job of making free throws (19-24; 79.2 percent). UNI, on the other hand, had a turnover percentage of 11.4 (better than their season average of 17.5).
The offense of UNI will square off against the top-notch defense of Xavier. The Panthers currently rank 245th in offensive efficiency, while the Musketeers are 94th in defensive efficiency. The Musketeers figure to have the edge on that end of the court. Furthermore, the Musketeers rank fourth in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.349), while the Panthers rank sixth in opponents’ FTA rate (0.148).
These two teams are complete opposites in terms of the O/U total. Games including Xavier have finished over 63.6 percent of the time, while UNI games have finished under 57.1 percent of the time. The Musketeers come into this game with considerably better straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 11-1 SU and 9-3 ATS, while the Panthers are 8-3 SU and 3-4 ATS.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams. The Musketeers won both meetings played against each other last season. In the most recent game, Xavier won 64-42. The Musketeers dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a fantastic offensive rebounding percentage of 50.0 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.526. The Panthers had marks of 15.6 and 0.395, respectively, for those same stats.
Xavier Musketeers at UNI Panthers Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Xavier, ATS Winner – Xavier, O/U – Over
- The Musketeers average 3.8 blocks per game, which ranks 84th in the NCAA. The Panthers rank 97th in blocks allowed per game (3.5).
- UNI is 1-1 ATS at home, while Xavier is 2-1 ATS on the road.
- The Musketeers have 2 overs and 1 under in 3 road games.
- Of the Panthers 2 home games, they have 1 over and 1 under.
- Xavier ranks 23rd in assists per game (17.8) while UNI ranks 228th (10.7).
- The Musketeers rank 21st in rebounds allowed per game (30.6) while the Panthers rank 134th (34.7).
- UNI averages 23.1 three pointers per game, which ranks 118th in the NCAA. Xavier ranks 218th in three pointers allowed per game (24.9).
- UNI is 1-3 ATS with 2 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Xavier is 3-2 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Panthers average margin of victory in their last five games has been 4.2, down from 9.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Musketeers have scored an average of 86.0 points per game (1.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 71.6 points per game (1.5 above their season average).