The No. 5 Xavier Musketeers (22-3, 10-2 Big East) and the Creighton Bluejays (18-6, 8-4 Big East) go head-to-head at CenturyLink Center Omaha. The Musketeers will attempt to extend their seven-game winning streak. Action gets underway at 2:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 10, 2018.
Xavier Musketeers at Creighton Bluejays Odds Preview
In the Musketeers last matchup, they defeated the Butler Bulldogs, 98-93. Trevon Bluiett led Xavier in scoring with 26 points on 7-for-15 shooting. Xavier dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had an extraordinary free throw rate of 0.444 (above their season average of 0.316) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 16.0 (below their season average of 30.1). Butler was 0.210 and 10.3, respectively, for those same stats.
The Bluejays come in on a high note after barely hanging on to beat the DePaul Blue Demons in their last matchup, 76-75. Creighton was lifted by Marcus Foster, who was the top scorer from either team with 29 points on 11-for-19 shooting. Creighton’s 0.581 effective field goal percentage was their largest strength over DePaul, who had a mark of 0.525. The Bluejays mark was below their season average of 0.587.
This matchup figures to be a high-scoring affair as two of the NCAA’s top offenses battle. Creighton ranks 19th with 116.5 points per 100 possessions and Xavier is 11th (118.0). Also, the Musketeers, who rank fourth in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.321), will face a difficult test against the Bluejays, who rank 23rd in opponents FTA rate (0.182).
Foster has been playing at a high level over the last five games for Creighton, averaging 23.8 points and 1.4 steals per game.
These teams have already met once this season. The Musketeers won 92-70. The Musketeers played a nearly flawless game. They had a turnover percentage of 12.2 and an extraordinary offensive rebounding percentage of 33.3. For those same stats, the Bluejays put up marks of 23.4 and 23.5, respectively. In the victory, Bluiett led all scorers with 24 points.
Xavier Musketeers at Creighton Bluejays Odds Prediction
Pick: SU Winner – Xavier, ATS Winner – Xavier, O/U – Over
- Creighton averages 27.4 three pointers per game, which ranks 19th in the NCAA. Xavier ranks 274th in three pointers allowed per game (26.0).
- The Bluejays average 18.2 assists per game, which ranks seventh in the nation. The Musketeers rank 182nd in assists allowed per game (14.2).
- Xavier ranks 35th in rebounds allowed per game (31.6) while Creighton ranks 132nd (34.3).
- The Bluejays have been outscored by an average of 4.0 points in their last five games. On the season, Creighton has defeated opponents by an average of 11.6 points.
- During their last five games, the Musketeers have scored an average of 85.8 points per game (0.6 above their season average) and allowed an average of 77.2 points per game (3.0 above their season average).