The Xavier Musketeers (16-9, 5-7 Big East) will be at Madison Square Garden to meet the St. John’s Red Storm (14-11, 3-9 Big East) in a Big East matchup. The game is scheduled to start at 6:30 p.m. ET on Monday, February 17, 2020.
Xavier Musketeers at St. John’s Red Storm ATS Odds
In their last matchup, the Red Storm beat the Providence Friars, 80-69, while the Musketeers fell to the 19th-ranked Butler Bulldogs, 66-61.
The Red Storm forced 23 turnovers and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.534 (above their season average of 0.459). Xavier, meanwhile, had a better offensive rebounding percentage (33.3 vs. 32.1). St. John’s received a boost from LJ Figueroa, who put up 19 points. Meanwhile, Tyrique Jones fueled Xavier with 19 points and 10 rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Jones led the Musketeers to a 75-67 victory. He recorded a double-double with 12 points and 12 rebounds. One of Xavier’s largest strengths was getting to the charity stripe. They had 34 free throw attempts, while St. John’s had 29.
The offense of St. John’s will battle against the elite defense of Xavier. The Red Storm currently rank 195th in offensive efficiency, while the Musketeers are 73rd in defensive efficiency. The Musketeers should have the advantage on that end of the court. Additionally, the Musketeers rank 59th in offensive rebounding percentage (32.4 percent), while the Red Storm rank 309th in defensive rebounding percentage (68.8 percent).
Xavier Musketeers at St. John’s Red Storm Free Pick
Pick: SU Winner – St. John’s, ATS Winner – St. John’s, O/U – Under
- Xavier ranks 26th in rebounds per game (39.5) while St. John’s ranks 293rd in rebounds allowed per game (40.7).
- The Musketeers rank 156th in three pointers allowed per game (21.8) while the Red Storm rank 258th (24.7).
- Xavier ranks 72nd in blocks per game (3.7) while St. John’s ranks 169th in blocks allowed per game (4.3).
- The Red Storm rank fourth in steals per game (10.1) while the Musketeers rank 168th (5.8).
- Xavier averages 14.4 assists per game, which ranks 69th in the NCAA. St. John’s ranks 205th in assists allowed per game (14.0).
- During their last five games, the Musketeers have scored an average of 69.6 points per game (1.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 65.8 points per game (1.0 below their season average).
- The Red Storm have been outscored by an average of 1.8 points in their last five games. On the season, St. John’s has defeated opponents by an average of 4.6 points.