The South Carolina Gamecocks (5-2) will be at home in Colonial Life Arena when they go head-to-head with the Wyoming Cowboys (4-1). South Carolina is an 8.5-point favorite on the opening line, while the games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 143 points. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, December 6, 2017.
Wyoming Cowboys vs. South Carolina Gamecocks ATS Preview
The Cowboys beat the Drake Bulldogs in their last matchup, 96-89. Alan Herndon was the top scorer from either team with 32 points on 12-for-21 shooting. Wyoming played a nearly flawless game. They had a superb turnover percentage of 9.6 (better than their season average of 15.7) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.500 (below their season average of 0.528). Drake was 16.1 and 0.434, respectively, for those same stats.
In the Gamecocks last game, they defeated the Massachusetts Minutemen, 76-70. South Carolina was lifted by Felipe Haase, who had 11 points and 10 rebounds. South Carolina played a nearly flawless game. They had a solid free throw rate of 0.309 (above their season average of 0.256) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 27.6 (below their season average of 34.4). Massachusetts was 0.068 and 15.2, respectively, for those same stats.
South Carolina figures to have the edge on the defensive side of the ball. The Gamecocks rank 21st in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.458), while Wyoming is 144th in effective field goal percentage (0.516) since the 2016-17 season.
Of Wyoming’s 7 games, five have finished under the projected point total, while 4 of South Carolina’s 8 games have finished over the projected point total. The Cowboys have the significant advantage straight up (SU) (4-1 vs. 5-2), but both teams have similar against the spread (ATS) records. Wyoming is 3-4 ATS, while South Carolina is 4-3-1 ATS.
Wyoming Cowboys at South Carolina Gamecocks Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – South Carolina, ATS Winner – South Carolina, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Cowboys rank 38th in blocks per game (4.8) while the Gamecocks rank 203rd in blocks allowed per game (3.9).
- South Carolina ranks sixth in assists allowed per game (10.0) while Wyoming ranks 61st (11.7).
- South Carolina ranks 32nd in steals per game (7.7) while Wyoming ranks 228th (5.4).
- The Cowboys rank 12th in three pointers attempted per game (28.0) while the Gamecocks rank 206th (20.4).
- South Carolina averages 36.7 rebounds per game, which ranks 121st in the NCAA. Wyoming ranks 304th in rebounds allowed per game (39.7).