MWC foes will collide when the Nevada Wolf Pack (13-3, 2-0 MWC) challenge the Wyoming Cowboys (8-3, 1-0 MWC) at Lawlor Events Center. Nevada opened as an 11.5-point favorite, while the games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 153 points. Tip-off is set for 10:30 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 3, 2018, and it can be seen on CBS Sports Network.
Wyoming Cowboys vs. Nevada Wolf Pack Betting Preview
The Cowboys defeated the San Diego State Aztecs in their last game, 82-69. Hayden Dalton was the games leading scorer with 36 points on 10-for-17 shooting. Wyoming played a nearly perfect game. They had a solid free throw rate of 0.271 (above their season average of 0.268) and a turnover percentage of 13.8 (better than their season average of 15.8). San Diego State was 0.164 and 17.2, respectively, for those same stats.
In the Wolf Pack’s last matchup, they defeated the New Mexico Lobos, 77-74. Nevada’s Jordan Caroline played a pivotal role with 21 points and 10 rebounds. The Wolf Pack had an absurdly low turnover percentage of 6.7 (better than their season average of 14.0) and had a free throw rate of 0.333 (above their season average of 0.283).
Nevada should have the advantage on the offensive side of the ball. The Wolf Pack rank 24th in offensive efficiency, while Wyoming ranks 136th in defensive efficiency.
Of Wyoming’s 12 games, six have finished over the O/U total, while 9 of Nevada’s 15 games have finished over the projected point total. The Wolf Pack come into this game with considerably better straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 13-3 SU and 9-5-1 ATS, while the Cowboys are 8-3 SU and 5-7 ATS.
Caleb Martin has been solid over the last five games for Nevada, averaging 16.6 points, 6.4 rebounds and 1.6 steals per game.
This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year, after the Wolf Pack won the lone contest last season, 89-74. The Wolf Pack dominated every facet of the game. They had a solid offensive rebounding percentage of 31.7 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.453. For those same stats, the Cowboys had marks of 18.2 and 0.385, respectively.
Wyoming Cowboys vs. Nevada Wolf Pack Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Nevada, ATS Winner – Wyoming, O/U – Over
- The Wolf Pack average 16.9 assists per game, which ranks 38th in the NCAA. The Cowboys rank 96th in assists allowed per game (12.7).
- Wyoming ranks 13th in blocks allowed per game (2.2) while Nevada ranks 38th (2.7).
- Wyoming is 3-3 ATS on the road, while Nevada is 4-2 ATS at home.
- Of the Cowboys 6 road games, they have 5 unders and 1 over.
- The Wolf Pack have 4 overs and 2 unders in 6 home games.
- Nevada ranks 96th in rebounds allowed per game (34.0) while Wyoming ranks 233rd (39.2).
- The Cowboys rank 46th in three pointers attempted per game (26.0) while the Wolf Pack rank 145th in three pointers allowed per game (22.3).
- Nevada ranks ninth in steals allowed per game (4.4) while Wyoming ranks 72nd (5.9).
- Nevada is 2-3 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Wyoming is 2-2 ATS with 4 overs.
- The Wolf Pack’s average margin of victory in their last five games has been 10.6, down from 12.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Cowboys have scored an average of 83.4 points per game (2.8 above their season average) and allowed an average of 77.2 points per game (0.5 above their season average).