Expect a defensive struggle when the Wright State Raiders (7-5) and Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (5-5) go head-to-head at McCamish Pavilion. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 123 points with Georgia Tech opening as an 8.5-point favorite. Tip-off is set for 9 p.m. ET on Friday, December 22, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN Full Court.
Wright State Raiders vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets ATS Preview
The Raiders fell to the Missouri State Bears in their last matchup, 66-50. With 18 points on 8-for-14 shooting, Justin Mitchell was the games leading scorer. Missouri State held the Raiders to an effective field goal percentage of 0.328 (below their season average of 0.493). Wright State, on the other hand, held the Bears to an offensive rebounding percentage of 24.2 (below their season average of 36.8).
In the Yellow Jackets last matchup, they were beaten by the Georgia Bulldogs, 80-59. Josh Okogie was Georgia Tech’s leading scorer with 21 points on 5-for-16 shooting. Georgia had an effective field goal percentage of 0.670 (above their season average of 0.501). Georgia Tech, on the other hand, forced the Bulldogs into a turnover percentage of 21.6 (above their season average of 17.2).
Georgia Tech might struggle to put up points as they face off against one of the nations best defenses. Wright State ranks 21st in defensive efficiency while the Yellow Jackets rank 288th in offensive efficiency.
Both of these teams have a tendency to go under the projected point total. Games involving Wright State have finished under 70.0 percent of the time, while 57.1 percent of Georgia Tech games have gone under. The Raiders come into this game with a sizable advantage in both straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 7-5 SU and 5-5 ATS, while the Yellow Jackets are 5-5 SU and 3-4 ATS.
Wright State Raiders at Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Wright State, ATS Winner – Wright State, O/U – Over
- Georgia Tech ranks 33rd in blocks per game (5.3) while Wright State ranks 203rd (1.7).
- The Raiders rank 227th in three pointers attempted per game (18.9) while the Yellow Jackets rank 277th (15.4).
- Georgia Tech averages 7.5 steals per game, which ranks 58th in the NCAA. Wright State ranks 82nd in steals allowed per game (6.1).
- The Yellow Jackets have been outscored by an average of 1.4 points in their last five games. On the season, Georgia Tech has defeated opponents by an average of 1.8 points.
- During their last five games, the Raiders have scored an average of 69.6 points per game (1.2 above their season average) and allowed an average of 67.0 points per game (3.0 above their season average).