The Detroit Titans (4-10, 0-2 Hor), who are currently riding an eight-game losing streak, look to get back in the win column when they welcome the Wright State Raiders (10-5, 2-0 Hor) to Calihan Hall. Wright State opened as a 4-point favorite, while the games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 155 points. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET on Friday, January 5, 2018.
Wright State Raiders at Detroit Titans Odds Preview
The Raiders defeated the IUPUI Jaguars in their last matchup, 60-52. With 11 points and 13 rebounds, Justin Mitchell had a good performance for Wright State. Wright State played a nearly flawless game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 29.0 (below their season average of 29.7) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.490 (above their season average of 0.477). IUPUI recorded marks of 19.4 and 0.422, respectively, for those same stats.
In the Titans last matchup, they were beaten by the Milwaukee Panthers, 87-79. Kameron Chatman was the top scorer from either team with 20 points on 8-for-16 shooting. Milwaukee had a free throw rate of 0.489 (above their season average of 0.161). Detroit, on the other hand, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 33.3 (above their season average of 27.6).
Detroit might have a tough time finding the bottom of the net as they square off against one of the nations best defenses. Wright State currently ranks 18th in defensive efficiency while the Titans rank 123rd in offensive efficiency.
In terms of the O/U total, these teams are complete opposites. Games involving Wright State have finished under 69.2 percent of the time, while 61.5 percent of Detroit games have finished over. The Raiders have the superior straight up (SU) record (10-5 vs. 4-10), but the Titans have been superior against the spread (ATS) (6-6-1 vs. 6-7).
Mitchell has been playing at a high level over the last five games for Wright State, averaging 14.2 points, 9.0 rebounds and 1.6 steals per game.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams. The Raiders won both contests played against each other last season. In the most recent matchup, Wright State won 106-88. The Raiders played a nearly perfect game. They had an extraordinary free throw rate of 0.524 and a turnover percentage of 11.7. The Titans recorded marks of 0.279 and 21.7, respectively, for those same stats.
Wright State Raiders at Detroit Titans Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Wright State, ATS Winner – Detroit, O/U – Under
- The Raiders rank 43rd in blocks allowed per game (2.7) while the Titans rank 135th (4.3).
- On the road, Wright State is 3-3 ATS with 4 overs and 2 unders.
- At home, Detroit is 2-1-1 ATS with 2 overs and 2 unders.
- Detroit ranks 33rd in three pointers attempted per game (26.7) while Wright State ranks 221st (19.0).
- The Raiders rank 78th in rebounds allowed per game (33.3) while the Titans rank 252nd (40.1).
- Wright State ranks 83rd in assists allowed per game (12.3) while Detroit ranks 240th (17.5).
- Detroit is 2-2-1 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Wright State is 2-3 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Titans average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 9.0, up from 4.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Raiders have scored an average of 67.4 points per game (1.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 65.8 points per game (1.7 above their season average).