Hor foes will clash when the Oakland Golden Grizzlies (9-6, 1-2 Hor) go head-to-head with the Wright State Raiders (11-5, 3-0 Hor) at Athletics Center Orena. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 151.5 points with Oakland opening as an 8-point favorite. Tip-off is scheduled for 3 p.m. ET on Sunday, January 7, 2018.
Wright State Raiders at Oakland Golden Grizzlies Betting Preview
In the Raiders last game, they defeated the Detroit Titans, 80-73. With 13 points and 14 rebounds, Loudon Love put together a solid outing for Wright State. The Raiders forced 17 turnovers and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.523 (above their season average of 0.478).
The Golden Grizzlies are hoping for a better outcome after their 87-83 loss to the Northern Kentucky Norse in their last game. Kendrick Nunn was the top scorer from either team with 24 points on 10-for-20 shooting. Northern Kentucky held the Golden Grizzlies to an offensive rebounding percentage of 12.9 (below their season average of 27.5). Oakland, meanwhile, had a free throw rate of 0.358 (above their season average of 0.264).
It could be a tough game for Oakland on the offensive glass. The Golden Grizzlies rank 258th in offensive rebounding percentage (26.7 percent), while Wright State ranks 27th in defensive rebounding percentage (75.6 percent).
Of Wright State’s 14 games that accepted bets, 10 have finished under the projected point total, while 7 of Oakland’s 13 games have finished over the O/U total. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Raiders have a substantial advantage. They are 11-5 SU and 7-7 ATS, while the Golden Grizzlies are 9-6 SU and 5-8 ATS.
Both teams have had a player heat up over their last five games. For the Raiders, it’s been Justin Mitchell, who has averaged 15.2 points, 9.4 rebounds and 1.4 steals, while the Golden Grizzlies have gotten great contributions from Nunn (27.8 points, 4.8 assists and 1.4 steals).
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams, after splitting two games last season. The Raiders won the most recent game 88-67. The Raiders dominated every facet of the game. They had a phenomenal offensive rebounding percentage of 41.2 and an extraordinary free throw rate of 0.439. For those same stats, the Golden Grizzlies were 25.0 and 0.276, respectively.
Wright State Raiders at Oakland Golden Grizzlies ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Oakland, ATS Winner – Wright State, O/U – Under
- The Raiders average 35.9 rebounds per game, which ranks 141st in the NCAA. The Golden Grizzlies rank 207th in rebounds allowed per game (37.4).
- Oakland ranks 14th in three pointers allowed per game (17.2) while Wright State ranks 69th (20.3).
- Wright State is 4-3 ATS on the road with 4 overs and 3 unders.
- At home, Oakland is 2-2 ATS with 3 overs and 1 under.
- Oakland ranks 15th in assists per game (17.9) while Wright State ranks 190th (12.6).
- The Golden Grizzlies rank 22nd in blocks per game (5.5) while the Raiders rank 196th (1.8).
- Wright State averages 7.4 steals per game, which ranks 58th in the nation. Oakland ranks 168th in steals allowed per game (7.7).
- Oakland is 2-3 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Wright State is 2-3 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over.
- The Golden Grizzlies average margin of victory in their last five games has been 3.8, up from 1.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Raiders have scored an average of 68.0 points per game (1.4 below their season average) and allowed an average of 66.6 points per game (1.9 above their season average).