Hor foes will collide when the Cleveland State Vikings (5-18, 2-8 Hor) meet the Wright State Raiders (17-6, 9-1 Hor) at Wolstein Center. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 132.5 points with Wright State set as a 10-point favorite. Action starts at 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 1, 2018.
Wright State Raiders vs. Cleveland State Vikings Odds Preview
In the Raiders’ last game, they beat the Oakland Golden Grizzlies, 64-51. Loudon Love was the top scorer from either team with 18 points on 8-for-17 shooting. Wright State played a nearly perfect game. They had a phenomenal offensive rebounding percentage of 35.0 (above their season average of 28.9) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.421 (below their season average of 0.501). For those same stats, Oakland had marks of 13.5 and 0.346, respectively.
“The Vikings are hoping for a better outcome after their 70-47 loss to the Milwaukee Panthers in their last contest. Kenny Carpenter led Cleveland State in scoring with 15 points on 6-for-11 shooting. Milwaukee held the Vikings to an offensive rebounding percentage of 8.6 (below their season average of 23.1). Cleveland State, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (15.4 vs. 16.4).
The ineffective offense of Cleveland State will clash against the stingy defense of Wright State. The Vikings rank 322nd in offensive efficiency, while the Raiders are eighth in defensive efficiency. The Raiders should have the edge on that end of the court.
Of Wright State’s 21 games with betting action, 14 have finished under the projected point total, while 10 of Cleveland State’s 20 games have finished under the O/U total. The Raiders hold a sizable advantage in both straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 17-6 SU and 12-9 ATS, while the Vikings are 5-18 SU and 9-10-1 ATS.
Love has been playing at a high level over the last five games for Wright State, averaging 15.2 points, 8.6 rebounds, 1.6 blocks and 1.4 steals per game.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams. The Raiders won both games played against each other last season. In the last matchup, Wright State won 74-68. Getting to the free throw line was one of Wright State’s largest advantages. They made 26 trips to the line, while Cleveland State went 22 times.
Wright State Raiders vs. Cleveland State Vikings Odds Prediction
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Wright State, ATS Winner – Wright State, O/U – Under”
- The Vikings rank 49th in steals allowed per game (5.4) while the Raiders rank 93rd (6.0).
- Cleveland State is 2-4-1 ATS at home, while Wright State is 7-4 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone over in 4 of the Vikings’ 7 home games, while 7 of the Raiders’ 11 road games have gone over.
- Cleveland State ranks 53rd in three pointers attempted per game (25.3) while Wright State ranks 233rd (19.1).
- The Raiders rank 103rd in rebounds allowed per game (33.9) while the Vikings rank 252nd (38.5).
- Wright State ranks 171st in assists per game (13.1) while Cleveland State ranks 220th in assists allowed per game (15.5).
- Cleveland State is 2-3 ATS with 3 unders, 1 over and 1 push in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Wright State is 3-2 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over.
- The Vikings’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 12.8, up from 7.7 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Raiders have scored an average of 73.8 points per game (2.1 above their season average) and allowed an average of 61.2 points per game (4.1 below their season average).