The UNCG Spartans (9-4) will attempt to snap the five-game winning streak of Wofford when they welcome the Terriers (5-3) to Greensboro Coliseum. Tip-off is scheduled for 5 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 30, 2017.
Wofford Terriers vs. UNCG Spartans ATS Preview
The last time the Terriers played, they beat the No. 5 North Carolina Tar Heels, 79-75. With 18 points, nine rebounds and six blocks, Wofford’s Cameron Jackson had a solid performance. The Terriers had a turnover percentage of 12.2 (better than their season average of 18.3) and held the Tar Heels to an effective field goal percentage of 0.427 (below their season average of 0.546).
The Spartans come in on a high note after dismantling the Southeastern University Fire in their last contest, 85-67. Isaiah Miller played a key role for UNCG with 12 points and seven rebounds. The Spartans had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (34.5 vs. 9.7) and had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.598 vs. 0.470).
Half-court execution will be of utmost importance when two of the NCAA’s slowest-paced teams square off. UNCG ranks 279th in possessions per game (68.4) and Wofford is 264th (68.8) since last season.
Marvin Smith has been on fire over the last five games for UNCG, averaging 11.2 points and 1.4 steals per game.
The Spartans won two out of three contests against the Terriers last season. In the most recent contest, UNCG won 77-73. The Spartans dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had an extraordinary offensive rebounding percentage of 34.5 and a solid free throw rate of 0.263. The Terriers were 21.2 and 0.232, respectively, for those same stats.
Wofford Terriers vs. UNCG Spartans Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Wofford, ATS Winner – Wofford, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Spartans rank 44th in blocks allowed per game (2.6) while the Terriers rank 56th (2.8).
- Wofford averages 16.2 assists per game, which ranks 54th in the nation. UNCG ranks 59th in assists allowed per game (11.8).
- UNCG ranks 149th in rebounds per game (35.8) while Wofford ranks 243rd (32.5).
- The Spartans rank 49th in steals per game (7.7) while the Terriers rank 136th (5.9).
- Wofford ranks 35th in three pointers allowed per game (18.8) while UNCG ranks 69th (20.1).