Offense meets defense when the Wofford Terriers (0-2) head to UNC Asheville to take on the Bulldogs (3-2). Action gets underway at 4:30 p.m. ET on Sunday, November 26, 2017.
Wofford Terriers at UNC Asheville Bulldogs ATS Preview
In the Terriers last contest, they lost big to the Texas Tech Red Raiders, 79-56. Woffords Nathan Hoover had a good game, leading the team in scoring with 16 points on 5-for-10 shooting. Getting to the free throw line was one of Texas Techs largest strengths. They made 26 trips to the line, while Wofford went just 12 times.
The Bulldogs will look to maintain momentum after topping the Monmouth Hawks in their last matchup, 62-51. UNC Asheville was lifted by Ahmad Thomas, who contributed 13 points, 12 rebounds and five assists. UNC Asheville played a perfect game. They had a turnover percentage of 18.1 (better than their season average of 22.6) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 25.0 (below their season average of 32.6). For those same stats, Monmouth was 27.7 and 22.2, respectively.
The sharp-shooting offense of UNC Asheville will go head-to-head against the bottom-tier defense of Wofford. Dating back to last season, the Bulldogs offense ranks 43rd in effective field goal percentage (0.541), while the Wofford defense ranks 307th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.531). The Bulldogs should have the advantage on that end of the court.
Wofford Terriers at UNC Asheville Bulldogs Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – UNC Asheville, ATS Winner – UNC Asheville, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Terriers rank 45th in blocks allowed per game (2.7) while the Bulldogs rank 124th (3.3).
- UNC Asheville ranks 244th in rebounds per game (34.2) while Wofford ranks 287th (32.9).
- UNC Asheville ranks sixth in steals per game (9.3) while Wofford ranks 218th (5.5).
- The Terriers rank 20th in assists per game (16.5) while the Bulldogs rank 194th in assists allowed per game (13.6).
- Wofford ranks 43rd in three pointers allowed per game (18.9) while UNC Asheville ranks 163rd (21.3).