The Wofford Terriers (16-7, 7-3 SoCon) head to Mercer to play the Bears (10-13, 3-7 SoCon) in what should be a high-scoring game. Action begins at 4:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 3, 2018.
Wofford Terriers at Mercer Bears Odds Preview
The last time the Terriers played, they lost a tough one against the Citadel Bulldogs, 80-78. With 21 points on 8-for-12 shooting, Fletcher Magee was the games leading scorer. Citadel had an offensive rebounding percentage of 36.6 (above their season average of 26.9). Wofford, meanwhile, had a better effective field goal percentage (0.574 vs. 0.477).
The Bears are hoping for a better outcome after their 85-73 loss to the Furman Paladins in their last matchup. Jordan Strawberry was Mercer’s high scorer with 18 points on 8-for-18 shooting. Furman did a fantastic job of making free throws (14-18; 77.8 percent). Mercer, meanwhile, held the Paladins to an offensive rebounding percentage of 10.3 (below their season average of 29.3).
It might turn into a high-scoring affair as a pair of the NCAA’s premier offenses battle. Mercer ranks 59th with 112.6 points per 100 possessions and Wofford is 45th (113.3). ,
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams. The Terriers won both contests played against each other last season. In the last matchup, Wofford won 65-62. The Terriers turnover percentage was their largest advantage over the Bears. Wofford had a rate of 13.7, while Mercer posted a mark of 18.3.
Wofford Terriers vs. Mercer Bears Betting Prediction
Free Pick: SU Winner – Mercer, ATS Winner – Mercer, O/U – Over
- The Terriers average 7.0 steals per game, which ranks 71st in the NCAA. The Bears rank 87th in steals allowed per game (5.9).
- Wofford ranks 50th in three pointers attempted per game (25.3) while Mercer ranks 246th in three pointers allowed per game (25.4).
- The Terriers average 15.6 assists per game, which ranks 61st in the nation. The Bears rank 194th in assists allowed per game (14.5).
- Mercer ranks 162nd in rebounds per game (35.3) while Wofford ranks 251st (32.5).
- The Bears have been outscored by an average of 4.2 points in their last five games. For the season, Mercer has defeated opponents by an average of 6.6 points.
- During their last five games, the Terriers have scored an average of 70.2 points per game (7.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 67.2 points per game (3.3 below their season average).