The High Point Panthers (4-5) and the Wofford Terriers (3-3) face off at U.S. Cellular Center. Tip-off is set for 2 p.m. ET on Sunday, December 17, 2017.
Wofford Terriers vs. High Point Panthers Odds Preview
The last time the Terriers played, they easily got past the Johnson & Wales (NC) Wildcats, 104-45. Fletcher Magee was the games high scorer with 22 points on 8-for-10 shooting. Wofford played a flawless game. They had a free throw rate of 0.211 (matching their season average) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 21.7 (above their season average of 18.8). Johnson & Wales (NC) was 0.098 and 10.5, respectively, for those same stats.
The Panthers will look to keep it rolling after blowing out the Toccoa Falls Eagles in their last matchup, 110-39. High Point’s Sam Berlin played a pivotal role with 12 points and 12 rebounds. High Point dominated every facet of the game. They had an absurd offensive rebounding percentage of 57.1 (above their season average of 34.6) and a turnover percentage of 8.2 (better than their season average of 16.9). For those same stats, Toccoa Falls recorded marks of 9.7 and 35.6, respectively.
Half-court execution will be critical when two of the nations slowest-paced teams battle. High Point ranks 288th in possessions per game (67.8) and Wofford is 253rd (68.9) since last season.
Wofford Terriers vs. High Point Panthers ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Wofford, ATS Winner – Wofford, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Panthers rank 162nd in rebounds per game (35.4) while the Terriers rank 247th (32.4).
- High Point averages 7.0 steals per game, which ranks 74th in the nation. Wofford ranks 115th in steals allowed per game (6.5).
- Wofford ranks 90th in three pointers attempted per game (23.6) while High Point ranks 270th (16.0).
- The Terriers rank 43rd in assists per game (16.4) while the Panthers rank 181st (12.7).
- Wofford ranks 49th in blocks allowed per game (2.8) while High Point ranks 153rd (4.1).