The Wofford Terriers (17-8, 8-4 SoCon) visit Furman to take on the Paladins (16-9, 7-5 SoCon) in what should be a high-scoring game. Tip-off is scheduled for 4:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 10, 2018.
Wofford Terriers vs. Furman Paladins Odds Preview
In the Terriers last contest, they beat the Samford Bulldogs, 92-79. Fletcher Magee was the games leading scorer with 27 points on 10-for-17 shooting. Wofford dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a superb offensive rebounding percentage of 32.1 (above their season average of 26.2) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.704 (above their season average of 0.567). For those same stats, Samford put up marks of 18.2 and 0.551, respectively.
The Paladins are hoping for a better outcome after their 80-67 loss to the UNCG Spartans in their last contest. Andrew Brown was Furman’s high scorer with 15 points on 5-for-7 shooting. UNCG had an offensive rebounding percentage of 44.4 (above their season average of 34.1). Furman, on the other hand, had a much better turnover percentage (15.0 vs. 20.5).
This showdown figures to be a shootout as a pair of the nations best offenses clash. Furman currently ranks 46th with 113.0 points per 100 possessions and Wofford is 36th (113.7).
These teams have already met once this season. The Terriers won 79-70. The Terriers dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a ridiculous free throw rate of 0.320 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 22.2. For those same stats, the Paladins were 0.150 and 13.2, respectively. Cameron Jackson was a top performer in the victory, with 20 points and five rebounds.
Wofford Terriers at Furman Paladins Free Prediction
Free Prediction: SU Winner – Furman, ATS Winner – Furman, O/U – Under
- The Paladins average 8.1 steals per game, which ranks 18th in the NCAA. The Terriers rank 120th in steals allowed per game (6.3).
- Wofford and Furman rank 49th in blocks allows per game (2.8).
- Furman averages 29.4 three pointers per game, which ranks eighth in the NCAA. Wofford ranks 206th in three pointers allowed per game (23.2).
- The Paladins average 16.4 assists per game, which ranks 32nd in the nation. The Terriers rank 173rd in assists allowed per game (14.1).
- Wofford ranks 36th in rebounds allowed per game (31.8) while Furman ranks 157th (35.0).
- The Paladins average margin of victory in their last five games has been 3.0, down from 9.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Terriers have scored an average of 74.8 points per game (2.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 75.0 points per game (4.1 above their season average).