Big 10 foes will collide when the Nebraska Cornhuskers (11-6, 2-2 Big 10) meet the Wisconsin Badgers (9-8, 2-2 Big 10) at Pinnacle Bank Arena. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 133.5 points with Nebraska opening as a 2.5-point favorite. Tip-off is set for 8:30 p.m. ET on Tuesday, January 9, 2018.
Wisconsin Badgers vs. Nebraska Cornhuskers ATS Preview
In the Badgers last matchup, they fell to the Rutgers Scarlet Knights, 64-60. Wisconsin’s Ethan Happ put up 10 points and 10 rebounds in the contest. Rutgers had a turnover percentage of 8.9 (better than their season average of 13.4). Wisconsin, on the other hand, did a fantastic job of making free throws (12-15; 80.0 percent).
The Cornhuskers are trying to rebound after their 74-62 loss to the No. 13 Purdue Boilermakers in their last matchup. James Palmer Jr. was the top scorer from either team with 22 points on 6-for-13 shooting. Purdue won the rebounding battle. The Boilermakers had 12 offensive rebounds and 39 total rebounds, while the Cornhuskers had seven and 30, respectively.
Wisconsin could have a tough time creating turnovers. Nebraska ranks 47th in the NCAA at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 16.7 percent), while Wisconsin forces the 244th-most turnovers (18.3 percent).
Of Wisconsin’s 16 games that accepted bets, eight have finished under the O/U total, while 10 of Nebraska’s 15 games have finished under the O/U total. The Cornhuskers come into this game with considerably better straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 11-6 SU and 10-5 ATS, while the Badgers are 9-8 SU and 6-10 ATS.
Palmer Jr. has been playing at a high level over the last five games for Nebraska, averaging 17.6 points and 5.8 rebounds per game.
This is the first time these teams will meet this year. The Badgers won the sole game played against each other last season, 70-69. The Badgers turnover percentage was their biggest strength over the Cornhuskers. Wisconsin had a rate of 15.0, while Nebraska posted a mark of 23.8.
Wisconsin Badgers at Nebraska Cornhuskers ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Wisconsin, ATS Winner – Wisconsin, O/U – Under
- The Badgers rank 44th in assists allowed per game (11.5) while the Cornhuskers rank 82nd (12.6).
- Wisconsin allows the third-fewest three pointers per game (15.1) while Nebraska ranks 28th (18.4).
- Wisconsin is 1-5 ATS on the road with 5 unders and 1 push.
- Nebraska is 6-1 ATS at home with 4 unders and 3 overs.
- Wisconsin ranks third in rebounds allowed per game (28.9) while Nebraska ranks 237th (39.3).
- The Cornhuskers rank 12th in blocks per game (5.9) while the Badgers rank 110th (3.2).
- Nebraska ranks 32nd in steals allowed per game (5.3) while Wisconsin ranks 71st (6.0).
- Nebraska is 3-0 ATS with 2 unders and 1 over in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Wisconsin is 3-2 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Cornhuskers average margin of victory in their last five games has been 7.8, up from 3.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Badgers have scored an average of 75.2 points per game (5.6 above their season average) and allowed an average of 61.6 points per game (3.5 below their season average).