The VCU Rams (6-5) will be at home in Stuart Siegel Center when they go head-to-head with the Winthrop Eagles (6-4). Action begins at 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, December 19, 2017.
Winthrop Eagles vs. VCU Rams Betting Preview
The last time the Eagles played, they defeated the Alabama State Hornets, 88-80. With 14 points and 13 rebounds, Josh Ferguson had a solid outing for Winthrop. Winthrop dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a phenomenal offensive rebounding percentage of 41.7 (above their season average of 29.1) and a free throw rate of 0.258 (above their season average of 0.210). Alabama State had marks of 22.2 and 0.217, respectively, for those same stats.
The Rams will look to keep it rolling after beating the Bucknell Bison in their last game, 85-79. With 26 points on 9-for-16 shooting, Justin Tillman was the games high scorer. The Rams forced 17 turnovers and had a free throw rate of 0.328 (above their season average of 0.195).
Winthrop could have their way on the offensive side of the ball as their productive offense faces off against one of the NCAA’s worst defenses. The Eagles currently rank 28th in offensive efficiency while VCU ranks 270th in defensive efficiency.
Tillman has really been playing well over the last five games for VCU, averaging 19.4 points and 7.2 rebounds per game.
Winthrop Eagles vs. VCU Rams Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – VCU, ATS Winner – VCU, O/U – Over
- The Eagles rank 30th in steals per game (8.4) while the Rams rank 116th in steals allowed per game (6.7).
- Winthrop ranks 96th in blocks per game (3.5) while VCU ranks 111th in blocks allowed per game (3.6).
- Winthrop ranks 26th in three pointers attempted per game (27.6) while VCU ranks 134th in three pointers allowed per game (21.8).
- The Rams rank 122nd in rebounds per game (36.5) while the Eagles rank 230th in rebounds allowed per game (39.4).
- Winthrop averages 16.4 assists per game, which ranks 44th in the NCAA. VCU ranks 150th in assists allowed per game (14.3).
- The Rams have been outscored by an average of 0.2 points in their last five games. On the season, VCU has defeated opponents by an average of 2.2 points.
- During their last five games, the Eagles have scored an average of 91.2 points per game (1.9 above their season average) and allowed an average of 75.6 points per game (1.6 below their season average).