The SIUE Cougars (0-1) will be at home in the Sam M. Vadalabene Center when they take on the Winthrop Eagles (0-1). The game begins at 8 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 10, 2018.
Winthrop Eagles at SIUE Cougars Betting Odds
Both teams fell in their last game. The Cougars fell to the Pacific Tigers, 74-65, while the Eagles were defeated by the Vanderbilt Commodores, 92-79.
Winthrop had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (30.2 vs. 15.2) while SIUE had a much better turnover percentage (15.1 vs. 26.4). Brandon Jackson played a key role for SIUE with 12 points and seven rebounds. Meanwhile, Nych Smith had a solid performance for Winthrop, recording 21 points and five rebounds.
The offense of SIUE will clash against the top-notch defense of Winthrop. Since the 2017-18 season, the Cougars rank 308th in offensive efficiency, while the Eagles are 88th in defensive efficiency. The Eagles should have the advantage on that side of the ball.
Winthrop Eagles vs. SIUE Cougars Free Pick
Pick: SU Winner – SIUE, ATS Winner – SIUE, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2017-Present):
- Winthrop ranks 33rd in assists allowed per game (11.3) while SIUE ranks 223rd (14.3).
- The Eagles rank 109th in rebounds per game (36.5) while the Cougars rank 241st (33.8).
- Winthrop ranks 47th in three pointers attempted per game (25.5) while SIUE ranks 148th (22.1).
- The Eagles rank 93rd in steals per game (6.7) while the Cougars rank 259th (4.9).
- Winthrop ranks 34th in blocks per game (4.5) while SIUE ranks 194th (2.7).