BigSou foes will collide when the High Point Panthers (12-12, 7-6 BigSou) square off against the Winthrop Eagles (15-9, 9-4 BigSou) at Millis Center. Action starts at 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 10, 2018.
Winthrop Eagles vs. High Point Panthers Odds Preview
In the Eagles last game, they defeated the Presbyterian Blue Hose, 63-49. Xavier Cooks was the games leading scorer with 18 points on 6-for-11 shooting. The Eagles were 7-9 from the free throw line (77.8 percent) and held the Blue Hose to an effective field goal percentage of 0.404 (below their season average of 0.515).
The Panthers come in on a high note after narrowly defeating the Radford Highlanders in their last outing, 61-60. With 14 points on 4-for-14 shooting, Andre Fox was the games high scorer. High Point’s effective field goal percentage was their biggest strength over Radford. The Panthers had a rate of 0.491 (below their season average of 0.521), while the Highlanders posted a mark of 0.439 (below their season average of 0.498).
Contrasting paces will be on display in this showdown. Winthrop has preferred a fast-paced style of play (68th in possessions per game), while High Point has been slower-paced (285th in possessions per game).
These teams have already met once this season. The Eagles won 76-60. The Eagles played a nearly perfect game. They had a fantastic free throw rate of 0.458 and a superb effective field goal percentage of 0.563. For those same stats, the Panthers were 0.254 and 0.349, respectively. Despite the loss, Fox was the games leading scorer with 21 points.
Winthrop Eagles vs. High Point Panthers ATS Prediction
Free Basketball Tip: SU Winner – High Point, ATS Winner – High Point, O/U – Over
- The Panthers are 20th in the nation with 10.9 assists allowed per game while the Eagles are 34th with 11.3 assists allowed per game.
- Winthrop ranks 39th in three pointers attempted per game (25.8) while High Point ranks 301st (14.8).
- The Panthers rank 27th in steals per game (7.8) while the Eagles rank 200th in steals allowed per game (7.4).
- Winthrop ranks 45th in blocks allowed per game (2.7) while High Point ranks 177th (4.4).
- The Panthers have been outscored by an average of 1.2 points in their last five games. On the season, High Point has defeated opponents by an average of 6.9 points.
- During their last five games, the Eagles have scored an average of 73.8 points per game (7.0 below their season average) and allowed an average of 65.0 points per game (6.6 below their season average).