The Winthrop Eagles (2-2) head to Auburn to take on the Tigers (3-1) in a game that will likely be up-tempo. Action gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Friday, November 24, 2017, and it can be seen on SEC Network.
Winthrop Eagles at Auburn Tigers ATS Preview
The Eagles had no trouble getting past the Mars Hill Lions in their last contest, 104-49. Xavier Cooks was the top scorer from either team with 22 points on 8-for-13 shooting. Winthrop dominated every facet of the game. They had a ridiculous effective field goal percentage of 0.613 (above their season average of 0.568) and a free throw rate of 0.239 (above their season average of 0.219). Mars Hill was 0.271 and 0.157, respectively, for those same stats.
In the Tigers last matchup, they beat the Hofstra Pride, 89-78. With 22 points on 8-for-13 shooting, Mustapha Heron led Auburn in scoring. Auburn dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a great free throw rate of 0.296 (above their season average of 0.292) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 38.5 (above their season average of 33.9). Hofstra put up marks of 0.161 and 24.2, respectively, for those same stats.
There could be a fair amount of transition offense in this showdown that features a pair of the nations more up-and-down teams. Auburn ranks 14th in possessions per game (75.2) and Winthrop is 50th (72.6) dating back to the 2016-17 season.
Winthrop Eagles vs. Auburn Tigers Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Winthrop, ATS Winner – Winthrop, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Tigers rank 12th in blocks per game (5.3) while the Eagles rank 131st in blocks allowed per game (3.4).
- Auburn averages 7.4 steals per game, which ranks 43rd in the nation. Winthrop ranks 134th in steals allowed per game (6.1).
- Winthrop averages 25.8 three pointers per game, which ranks 21st in the NCAA. Auburn ranks 285th in three pointers allowed per game (24.3).
- The Eagles rank 95th in rebounds per game (37.4) while the Tigers rank 296th in rebounds allowed per game (38.3).
- Winthrop ranks sixth in assists allowed per game (10.0) while Auburn ranks 196th (13.7).