The No. 15 TCU Horned Frogs (11-0) are off to a hot start and will try to remain undefeated when they meet the William & Mary Tribe (7-3) at Ed & Rae Schollmaier Arena. The games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 168 points with TCU set as a 20.5-point favorite. Tip-off is scheduled for 9 p.m. ET on Friday, December 22, 2017.
William & Mary Tribe vs. TCU Horned Frogs ATS Preview
The Tribe had no trouble getting past the Milligan Buffaloes in their last outing, 126-69. With 20 points and 10 rebounds, William & Mary’s Justin Pierce had a good outing. William & Mary played a perfect game. They had a fantastic free throw rate of 0.364 (above their season average of 0.222) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.773 (above their season average of 0.607). For those same stats, Milligan was 0.136 and 0.455, respectively.
The last time the Horned Frogs played, they blew out the Texas Southern Tigers, 91-72. TCU was lifted by Vladimir Brodziansky, who put up 18 points and 10 rebounds. TCU played a nearly flawless game. They had a fantastic offensive rebounding percentage of 55.6 (above their season average of 30.9) and a turnover percentage of 8.3 (better than their season average of 17.1). Texas Southern was 25.7 and 13.8, respectively, for those same stats.
The prolific offense of TCU (19th in the NCAA with an offensive efficiency of 120.0) will square off against the porous defense of William & Mary (304th in the NCAA with a defensive efficiency of 110.1). The Horned Frogs should have the edge on that end of the court. Furthermore, the Tribe, who rank 283rd in offensive rebounding percentage (24.2 percent), will clash against the Horned Frogs, who rank 10th in defensive rebounding percentage (77.5 percent).
In terms of the O/U total, these teams are complete opposites. William & Mary games have gone under 60.0 percent of the time, while 70.0 percent of games involving TCU have gone over. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Horned Frogs have a clear advantage. They are 11-0 SU and 6-4 ATS, while the Tribe are 7-3 SU and 4-1 ATS.
William & Mary Tribe vs. TCU Horned Frogs ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – TCU, ATS Winner – William & Mary, O/U – Over
- The Horned Frogs rank 54th in steals per game (7.6) while the Tribe rank 110th in steals allowed per game (7.3).
- TCU ranks 46th in blocks allowed per game (2.7) while William & Mary ranks 95th (2.6).
- William & Mary ranks 21st in assists per game (18.9) while TCU ranks 208th in assists allowed per game (16.0).
- The Horned Frogs rank second in rebounds allowed per game (28.6) while the Tribe rank 112th (32.7).
- William & Mary averages 25.4 three pointers per game, which ranks 86th in the nation. TCU ranks 188th in three pointers allowed per game (23.8).
- The Horned Frogs average margin of victory in their last five games has been 14.2, down from 15.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Tribe have scored an average of 97.4 points per game (9.2 above their season average) and allowed an average of 85.0 points per game (4.3 above their season average).